INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

Have a look at my blog on ICR :)

Any topic related to science can be discussed here.
tea_ismynewjesus

Have a look at my blog on ICR :)

#1 Post by tea_ismynewjesus » April 21st, 2010, 8:05 pm

Me and some science-savvy friends from a Random Act of Kindness organisation (they don't want to be named because ICR are scary) are working on this blog: http://icrdebunked.blogspot.com/ to expose the claims of the Institute for Creation Research. We don't consider this a RAoK, it's just the sort of project some of us like doing. Y'know?

Yeah, there's no actually "debunking" on there yet but I'm a very busy person, just look at me. The "evidence for God" argument will be up soon though.

(edit to add)
Please 'follow' if it interests you or just check for updates every so often!

Paolo

Re: Have a look at my blog on ICR :)

#2 Post by Paolo » April 21st, 2010, 11:47 pm

Hi Tea - I like the blog, the whole ID thing crops up way too often for my liking in the questions we get on ask a biologist. Speaking of which, are you familiar with this particular brand of ID: http://www.macrodevelopment.org/? Might be worth a bit of picking over because it's being put forward as a substantial argument (from ignorance) that ignores swathes of research (since the actual text was written in 1871 as a response to The Origin of Species), and it falls back on the old non-sequitur that an insufficient explanation must equate to God having been involved (the usual God of the gaps nonsense). Real ID fodder.

Thought you might be interested.

tea_ismynewjesus

#3 Post by tea_ismynewjesus » April 26th, 2010, 8:28 pm

Thanks Paolo, I think what I'll do is write about that after the main report thingy. I could do an "other falsehoods of creationism" section or something like that.

Maria Mac
Site Admin

#4 Post by Maria Mac » April 28th, 2010, 2:38 pm

Very nice blog, Will. Is it possible to change the settings so that people who have websites/blogs that don't fit into the categories on the comments menu can give their urls in their profile?