INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Humans should go vegan

Enter here to explore ethical issues and discuss the meaning and source of morality.
Compassionist

Humans should go vegan

#1 Post by Compassionist » April 8th, 2019, 8:27 pm

VINDICATOR

Re: Humans should go vegan

#2 Post by VINDICATOR » April 9th, 2019, 3:27 pm

Hi, Compassionist,
You had me worried for a while, I thought the boogy-man got you.
So you are now campaigning for thr Vegans? You will never win. God/Allah not only lets us eat meat, he tells us how to murder the animals to eat. For instance Muslims must eat ""Hallil" meat which means you must say a prayer while you are butchering the animal! Catholics are not allowed to eat meat only on Friday, but they will will even eat human meat every time they take communion. (It's called "Trans-substanciation"!) Jews only eat "Kosher" meat! All religions murder animals for live sacrifices (some religions sacrifice humans!) because their God likes it! Buddhists don't eat meat because they think all animals have a soul like man. Do they swat flies and mosquitos? How about all those millions of micro-organisms that we murder every time we boil a pot of water to sterilize it? Should we just drink the unsterilized water?

Compassionist

#3 Post by Compassionist » April 10th, 2019, 5:47 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:Hi, Compassionist,
You had me worried for a while, I thought the boogy-man got you.
So you are now campaigning for thr Vegans? You will never win. God/Allah not only lets us eat meat, he tells us how to murder the animals to eat. For instance Muslims must eat ""Hallil" meat which means you must say a prayer while you are butchering the animal! Catholics are not allowed to eat meat only on Friday, but they will will even eat human meat every time they take communion. (It's called "Trans-substanciation"!) Jews only eat "Kosher" meat! All religions murder animals for live sacrifices (some religions sacrifice humans!) because their God likes it! Buddhists don't eat meat because they think all animals have a soul like man. Do they swat flies and mosquitos? How about all those millions of micro-organisms that we murder every time we boil a pot of water to sterilize it? Should we just drink the unsterilized water?
I have a queue of people who want to kill me so I am always careful. The malevolence and ignorance of humans never cease to disappoint me. Jainism advocates a strict vegetarian diet every day - it is even better than Buddhism in some respects. Both Buddhists and Jains believe in reincarnation of immortal souls according to karma accrued in the last life. Vegans draw a line at sentience. Bacteria, viruses, kelp, fruits, etc. are not sentient. We vegans don't kill or exploit sentient biological organisms. We kill and eat only non-sentient biological organisms.

VINDICATOR

#4 Post by VINDICATOR » April 11th, 2019, 9:48 am

Hi Compassionist,
The problem is who is sentient? Is a dog semtient? Modern Buddhism believes in reincarnation where people can be reincarnated into animals such as dogs, cats, or even pigs! So when you eat pork you might be eating your grandfather! Do dogs have a soul? In one of my posts I told you how dogs in general have better morals than people! I have a friend who loves his dog so much that he said if his dog can't get into Heaven then he would go wherever his dog went!

Compassionist

#5 Post by Compassionist » April 11th, 2019, 10:33 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:Hi Compassionist,
The problem is who is sentient? Is a dog semtient? Modern Buddhism believes in reincarnation where people can be reincarnated into animals such as dogs, cats, or even pigs! So when you eat pork you might be eating your grandfather! Do dogs have a soul? In one of my posts I told you how dogs in general have better morals than people! I have a friend who loves his dog so much that he said if his dog can't get into Heaven then he would go wherever his dog went!
You can tell by the presence of a brain and nervous system and by observing behaviour. Dogs are obviously sentient. Bacteria can't possibly be sentient.

VINDICATOR

#6 Post by VINDICATOR » April 12th, 2019, 6:53 am

Dear Compassionist,
I don't think that having a brain and nervous system are sufficient to be sentient. I think that even a Buddhist would swat flies and mosquitos. I am not a vegan but I despise those that hunt just for the fun of it and those that enjoy watching an animal die a horrible death! In some countries they slice a steak off a live animal! In Macao they eat the brain of a live monkey! DISGUSTING!

Compassionist

#7 Post by Compassionist » April 13th, 2019, 11:27 am

VINDICATOR wrote:Dear Compassionist,
I don't think that having a brain and nervous system are sufficient to be sentient. I think that even a Buddhist would swat flies and mosquitos. I am not a vegan but I despise those that hunt just for the fun of it and those that enjoy watching an animal die a horrible death! In some countries they slice a steak off a live animal! In Macao they eat the brain of a live monkey! DISGUSTING!
I didn't know about such horrific practices. Some people are sadistic and cruel. Jains don't swat flies and mosquitoes - that's why I think Jainism is the most ethical religion on Earth. Also, Jains don't believe that an omniscient and omnipotent God exists because such a being would also be omniculpable. Both Jainism and Buddhism are atheistic. I am not an atheist. I am an agnostic secular humanist vegan.

VINDICATOR

#8 Post by VINDICATOR » April 14th, 2019, 12:24 pm

Dear Compassiuonist,
I agree with you on most issues but I won't convert to vegan. I also have no compassion for flies, mosquitos, bedbugs, etc. and am sorry that Noah took them onto his ark to save them!
I didn't even know that there was a Jainism before you mentioned it. It is one of the oldest religions atill being worshipped, being founded 3000 years ago (Buddhism 2600, Christian 2000, Islam 1600, Morman 200, etc,) Did someone introduce it to you?

Compassionist

#9 Post by Compassionist » April 14th, 2019, 12:55 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:Dear Compassiuonist,
I agree with you on most issues but I won't convert to vegan. I also have no compassion for flies, mosquitos, bedbugs, etc. and am sorry that Noah took them onto his ark to save them!
I didn't even know that there was a Jainism before you mentioned it. It is one of the oldest religions atill being worshipped, being founded 3000 years ago (Buddhism 2600, Christian 2000, Islam 1600, Morman 200, etc,) Did someone introduce it to you?
I came across Jainism when I was researching religions. It is very ethical and compassionate. I am a compassionist so it is inevitable that I am a vegan. I don't force anyone to go vegan - I just encourage everyone to go vegan.

Compassionist

#10 Post by Compassionist » May 5th, 2019, 9:11 am

VINDICATOR wrote:Dear Compassiuonist,
Vegans don't force their values on non-vegans. Non-vegans pay killers to kill animals so they can eat animals. Non-vegans are the ones who impose their values on the animals by causing them suffering and robbing them of life. Please tell me why you won't become a vegan. I want to understand your position. Thank you.

Compassionist

#11 Post by Compassionist » May 5th, 2019, 2:36 pm

Here are some videos for reference:
Dominion
Earthlings
Cowspiracy
What the health

VINDICATOR

#13 Post by VINDICATOR » May 8th, 2019, 3:04 pm

Dear Compassionist,
You ask me why I wont convert to Vegan. First you tell me why I shouldn't swat flies, mosquitoes, bedbugs, cockroaches, etc. I think Noah made a mistake when took all these onto his Ark. I would have let them all perish in the great flood!
:) :)

Compassionist

#14 Post by Compassionist » May 8th, 2019, 10:32 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:Dear Compassionist,
You ask me why I wont convert to Vegan. First you tell me why I shouldn't swat flies, mosquitoes, bedbugs, cockroaches, etc. I think Noah made a mistake when took all these onto his Ark. I would have let them all perish in the great flood!
:) :)
I just want to understand your position. This is not an interrogation. I prefer to let insects out of the house instead of killing them as I value their right to life. What you do is up to you.