. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.
Enter here to explore ethical issues and discuss the meaning and source of morality.
- Posts: 15807
- Joined: July 5th, 2007, 5:53 pm
Thanks for that, Nick.
I see that they want someone who has contributed to the visual arts so Sir Terry will have to wait for another time.
- Posts: 24054
- Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm
There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:
1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?
- Posts: 74
- Joined: February 3rd, 2016, 2:44 am
This subject is very current here in Canada. I have been watching the proceeding that our government has put in places. Assorted meeting with different groups.
This thread looks like a rich source of information. I will have to spend some time reading.
I shut down on one video presentation which had a member of the Catholic Church expounding in their opening statement 'about the gift of life given to us by god.' How suffering is a gift is not clear to me. Though from a Buddhist point of view, it is one of the four noble truths. But that's not the same as a gift.
A good learner is forever walking the narrow path between blindness and hallucination. ― Pedro Domingos, The Master Algorithm
- Site Admin
- Posts: 9273
- Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:34 pm
Academic kills herself after importing ‘euthanasia kit’ illegally http://gu.com/p/4thvq/stw
If you import one of these things, interpol tell your local police who then raid your house.
- Posts: 17809
- Joined: May 17th, 2010, 9:15 pm
The usual over-heavy hand of authority that thinks it always knows best.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."