INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

That Kim guy from North Korea...

Enter here for humour and irreverence.
getreal

That Kim guy from North Korea...

#1 Post by getreal » April 16th, 2014, 4:48 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 61770.html

Rather than get all het up and in a frenzy about 'ol Kim, why not mock him?

It can be a powerful tool!
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

Dave B

Re: That Kim guy from North Korea...

#2 Post by Dave B » April 16th, 2014, 5:33 pm

Heard the barber talking on the radio yesterday. Seems the N. Koreans went to the police and almost got laughed at!
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

getreal

#3 Post by getreal » April 16th, 2014, 5:38 pm

Dave B wrote:Heard the barber talking on the radio yesterday. Seems the N. Koreans went to the police and almost got laughed at!

Good!

I didn't want this to be a serious thread but it seems to me that the world is standing by watching the horror of what is happening and doing absolutly nothing.

Kind of sounds like PolPot in Cambodia. Doesn't it?
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

Dave B

#4 Post by Dave B » April 16th, 2014, 5:48 pm

getreal wrote:
Dave B wrote:Heard the barber talking on the radio yesterday. Seems the N. Koreans went to the police and almost got laughed at!

Good!

I didn't want this to be a serious thread but it seems to me that the world is standing by watching the horror of what is happening and doing absolutly nothing.

Kind of sounds like PolPot in Cambodia. Doesn't it?
The NKs are adept at playing the game of threats and aid - using threats to try to bump aid up and then breaking promisses. They try to remain independent of the Chinese, who seem to view them as embarrassing neighbours. The Chinese do not want any chance of "Western" forces on that border so the once tried for re-unification is also out for now.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015