INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Mrs T Memorial thread

Enter here for humour and irreverence.
Alan H

Re: Mrs T Memorial thread

#21 Post by Alan H » April 9th, 2013, 10:57 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

:hilarity:
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Tetenterre

#22 Post by Tetenterre » April 16th, 2013, 10:49 am

Wrist injury not connected in any way to Thatcher’s death, insists Ed Miliband
Labour leader Ed Miliband has moved to end speculation over the cause of his broken wrist by insisting the injury definitely occurred while he was “walking”.

Mr Miliband denied that his aching wrist was in any way connected to activities he may have carried out after discovering Margaret Thatcher had died.

“The injury to my wrist was sustained while hill-walking in Devon”, he said.

“And no, hill-walking in Devon isn’t a euphemism for anything!”

Placing a cushion on his lap, Mr Miliband went on to insist that the injury would not stop him attending the funeral of Lady Thatcher on Wednesday.

“Oh God, no! I wouldn’t miss that for the world,” he said excitedly.

“Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got an, erm, urgent meeting.”
Miliband injury

A&E departments have reported a marked increase in the number of people being treated for wrist injuries since last Monday.

“The number of people being treated for wrist injuries over the last week has quadrupled,” said a hospital spokesperson.

“The majority of people receiving treatment have also been complaining of blurred vision.

“We are trying to determine whether there’s a connection between aching wrists and bad eyesight.”

Respect MP George Galloway has furiously denied accusations of ‘hill-walking’ after he also picked up a wrist injury last week.

“I got it from non-stop wanking,” he boasted

“The clean up operation is going to cost a fortune.”
Steve

Quantum Theory: The branch of science with which people who know absolutely sod all about quantum theory can explain anything.

Alan H

#23 Post by Alan H » April 17th, 2013, 10:28 am

Apparently, this used to be a grocers' shop in Grantham:
2013-04-17_10h26_08.png
2013-04-17_10h26_08.png (545.63 KiB) Viewed 7065 times
Alan Henness

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Dave B

#24 Post by Dave B » April 17th, 2013, 10:38 am

:sick:
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Alan H

#25 Post by Alan H » April 18th, 2013, 10:03 am

Alan H wrote:If only she'd stuck to her first job:

Apparently, we can't thank her even for that: Was Margaret Thatcher really part of team that invented Mr Whippy?

Nothing left now is there?
Alan Henness