Absolutely correct! Well done. Your turn.Emma Woolgatherer wrote:ROUTINE?
Search found 227 matches
Well, here's an update :
4. Foreign student among one thousand in confusion - very, very strange (10) : O - - - - - - I - -
5. Act normal - though it takes practice (7) : R - - - I - -
Dave B wrote:Is 3. UNSCREW?
Not my turn to offer a clue for solving but this one has just "unfolded" in my head:
The sailor and the good man get together with a deceitful plan that's hard to understand (8)
Is it : abstruse ?
Yes. Well done, Dave B. Another one bites the dust !Dave B wrote:Is 3. UNSCREW?
3. A foreign second team is seen to slacken off (7) = UNSCREW
- "A" in French = UN . . . S (second) . . . CREW (team) = to slacken off (e.g. corks etc.)
Only two left !
- March 6th, 2011, 1:11 am
- Forum: Social Club
- Topic: Why is the Universe not a Giant Marshmallow?
- Replies: 14
- Views: 2796
1. Waste a prize (7)
2. Greedily eat bird (5)
3. A foreign second team is seen to slacken off (7)
4. Foreign student among one thousand in confusion (10)
5. Act normal (8)
Hope I don't forget the answers.