INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Advertising Standards Authority complaint template

Any topic related to science can be discussed here.
Alan H

Advertising Standards Authority complaint template

#1 Post by Alan H » February 23rd, 2009, 11:36 pm

I've done a fair few complaints to the ASA and have a very simple Word document template that I use to gather the info required and to write my complaint in, rather than try to do it all in the on-line form. Once I'm happy with it, I just copy and paste into the online form. When I get an acknowledgement, I enter their reference number at the top so I can keep track of them - I have at least six complaints in at the moment!

Please feel free to use and amend to suit your own purposes.
Attachments
ASA Complaint template blank.doc
(39.5 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

jdc

Re: Advertising Standards Authority complaint template

#2 Post by jdc » February 24th, 2009, 4:49 pm

This could be very useful - thanks.
My Blog; Twitter.
Email: 325jdc325 (at) googlemail.com

Maria Mac
Site Admin

#3 Post by Maria Mac » October 28th, 2009, 4:39 pm

The ASA's website is full of interesting information and case studies. It's fascinating to see what people have complained about. My favourite one so far is little matter of the Crazy Frog's cock. Sorry to be so crude, I just thought it was funnier putting it that way.
Viewers had noticed that Crazy Frog was very definitely male due to a protrusion that stuck out from his cartoon body. The complainants found this inappropriate. Some were worried about children seeing this kind of advertising material whilst a few parents had felt embarrassed by some of the questions their children had asked them.

Alan C.

#4 Post by Alan C. » October 28th, 2009, 8:03 pm

whilst a few parents had felt embarrassed by some of the questions their children had asked them
Sad gits is all I can say.
Abstinence Makes the Church Grow Fondlers.

Maria Mac
Site Admin

#5 Post by Maria Mac » October 30th, 2009, 6:05 pm

I think the ASA thought so too, Alan. Seems they laughted the complaints out of court.

Nick

#6 Post by Nick » January 20th, 2011, 5:03 pm

I expect you know already, Alan H, but I've heard an ad on Classic fm that says that the ASA now covers web-sites too. I don't know how long that has been in force. Ah! Hours of fun ahead of you!

Alan H

#7 Post by Alan H » January 21st, 2011, 10:42 am

Yes, it starts on 1st March. It's going to keep us very busy! ;-)

I mentioned it on my blog (and here) when it was announced last year and there is more on it from the ASA here.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?