INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Films

Enter here to talk about books, art, literature, film, TV and anything else to do with popular culture.
Alan H

Re: Films

#181 Post by Alan H » February 10th, 2012, 11:23 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Dave B wrote:OMG! Marian has a really bad case of fan-crush I fear.
Good grief. Where have you been? :laughter:
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Marian

#182 Post by Marian » February 11th, 2012, 12:26 am

Alan H wrote:
Dave has clearly been using his sci-fi time machine and missed a few beats. :laughter:
Transformative fire...

Compassionist

#183 Post by Compassionist » February 11th, 2012, 10:20 am

Marian wrote:
Compassionist wrote:Has anyone seen the 3D Star Wars Episode 1 which is out today? Is it worth paying again to see it in 3D?
Well, yeah!!! It's got Liam Neeson in it; any movie with him in it is worth paying full price.
I have all six of the Star Wars films on dvd and I saw episodes I, II and III at the cinema before. I have watched other movies in 3D and didn't think it was worth paying extra for - that's why I was wondering whether I should see the 3D edition. I bet you would enjoy Liam Neeson in 3D! :laughter:

Dave B

#184 Post by Dave B » February 11th, 2012, 11:45 am

Marian wrote:
Alan H wrote:
Dave has clearly been using his sci-fi time machine and missed a few beats. :laughter:
Oh, I knew the fan-crush was there, just did not realise the extent of it!
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Alan H

#185 Post by Alan H » February 11th, 2012, 1:00 pm

Dave B wrote:Oh, I knew the fan-crush was there, just did not realise the extent of it!
You don't know the half of it. Neeson had to take out a court order: Marian is not allowed to be within 100 km of him... :D
Alan Henness

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Compassionist

#186 Post by Compassionist » February 14th, 2012, 11:46 pm

Has anyone here watched Mr. Nobody? It's a great movie which shows the Big Crunch (the reverse of the Big Bang) and its spectacular effects on reality.

getreal

#187 Post by getreal » February 17th, 2012, 12:07 am

Just back from seeing The Woman in Black. Hammer seem to be back in business! Very scarey, in a creepy, suspenseful way- quite like The Others, the name of which still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up
*shudder*

I'm ashamed to admit that I squeaked a bit at some of the "frights". I also at one point thought I couldn't take any more of the creepy suspense and wanted to get out!
I don't understand how it got a 12A cert.

Daniel Radcliff was reasonable good at portraying the main character. I think he got a bit of flack by some reviewers, but I thought he was fine.

Well worth a trip to the flicks.

Just before Christmas I saw the penultimate Twilight film and thought it was cracking. In a terriblly politically-incorrect way, of course!
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

Compassionist

#188 Post by Compassionist » February 27th, 2012, 5:40 pm

Has anyone here watched The Man from Earth? It's a unique film featuring a 14,000 years old man who does not age. I highly recommend it. It's my favourite - the 14,000 year old man was a disciple of Buddha and he was Jesus Christ!

getreal

#189 Post by getreal » March 4th, 2012, 5:00 pm

I haven't seen that, Compassionist. I thought at first you had said The Man Who Fell to Earth (with David Bowie).

Has anyone seen Hanna? I just checked some reviews and it didn't do too well there, but I really liked it.
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

Compassionist

#190 Post by Compassionist » March 4th, 2012, 10:13 pm

getreal wrote:I haven't seen that, Compassionist. I thought at first you had said The Man Who Fell to Earth (with David Bowie).

Has anyone seen Hanna? I just checked some reviews and it didn't do too well there, but I really liked it.
I haven't seen The Man Who Fell to Earth but sounds interesting. I saw Hanna. It was an interesting film.

Marian

#191 Post by Marian » March 4th, 2012, 11:32 pm

I watched: The Book of Eli. Haven't seen the ending yet but maybe tonight I'll watch it. Love Denzel Washington.
Transformative fire...

Dave B

#192 Post by Dave B » March 5th, 2012, 10:13 am

Marian wrote:I watched: The Book of Eli. Haven't seen the ending yet but maybe tonight I'll watch it. Love Denzel Washington.
Be interested to hear you opinion of how the film ends, Marian.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Alan H

#193 Post by Alan H » March 5th, 2012, 10:40 am

Marian wrote:I watched: The Book of Eli. Haven't seen the ending yet but maybe tonight I'll watch it. Love Denzel Washington.
But does it have Liam Neeson in it? :D
Alan Henness

Marian

#194 Post by Marian » March 5th, 2012, 10:53 am

:hilarity: Hey, I can have more than one.... :) Besides, I've got Clash of the Titans to watch still.
Transformative fire...

animist

#195 Post by animist » March 5th, 2012, 10:55 am

Marian - how can you keep on about Liam now that you have hopefully seen us male THers in our London meetup? :hilarity:

Alan H

#196 Post by Alan H » March 5th, 2012, 11:08 am

animist wrote:Marian - how can you keep on about Liam now that you have hopefully seen us male THers in our London meetup? :hilarity:
:pointlaugh:
Alan Henness

Marian

#197 Post by Marian » March 5th, 2012, 1:57 pm

animist wrote:Marian - how can you keep on about Liam now that you have hopefully seen us male THers in our London meetup? :hilarity:
um, haven't seen those pics yet.... :wink: :D
Transformative fire...

getreal

#198 Post by getreal » March 5th, 2012, 5:23 pm

Oh! That's who's in Marians new avatar picture!!

Marian

#199 Post by Marian » March 5th, 2012, 5:40 pm

getreal wrote:Oh! That's who's in Marians new avatar picture!!
LOL!! Yep. Drool.......
Transformative fire...

Dave B

#200 Post by Dave B » March 18th, 2012, 5:10 pm

Marian, have you seen the end of The Book of Eli yet?
Me, 2015

Alan H

#201 Post by Alan H » March 18th, 2012, 10:34 pm

Marian wrote:
getreal wrote:Oh! That's who's in Marians new avatar picture!!
LOL!! Yep. Drool.......
This, of course, makes absolutely no sense now Marian has changed her avatar!
Alan Henness