INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Vatican opens secret documents archive

For topics that are more about faith, religion and religious organisations than anything else.
Alan H

#1 Post by Alan H » March 4th, 2012, 10:03 pm

What on earth these documents have been doing locked away I'll never know. But can you spot the glaring (well, glaring once it was pointed out to me!) error in the video? And it's not the invented word 'digitalise'.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Compassionist

Re: Vatican opens secret documents archive

#2 Post by Compassionist » March 4th, 2012, 11:27 pm

Alan H wrote:Vatican opens secret documents archive

What on earth these documents have been doing locked away I'll never know. But can you spot the glaring (well, glaring once it was pointed out to me!) error in the video? And it's not the invented word 'digitalise'.
"...for maintaining that the sun moves around the Earth and not vice versa!" - the narrator got it totally wrong. :hilarity:

Alan H

#3 Post by Alan H » March 5th, 2012, 12:02 am

Well spotted, Compassionist! I missed it the first time!
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Dave B

#4 Post by Dave B » March 5th, 2012, 10:03 am

Ooops, so did I! :redface:
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Compassionist

#5 Post by Compassionist » March 5th, 2012, 8:59 pm

Alan H wrote:Well spotted, Compassionist! I missed it the first time!
Thanks. You tipped me off - if you hadn't alerted me to the possibility of error in the clip I might have missed it. :D

Ninny

#6 Post by Ninny » March 6th, 2012, 8:02 am

Years ago, when I was studying Old English literature, a tutor said how much researchers wished to examine the Vatican docs, because they almost certainly contained a huge store of missing bits of English (and other) history and literature. This is boring, I know. Just stuck in my mind. Out now.