INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

I don't believe in God - Ed Miliband

Any topics that are primarily about humanism or other non-religious life stances fit in here.
loz2286

I don't believe in God - Ed Miliband

#1 Post by loz2286 » September 30th, 2010, 12:34 am

Trickle

Re: I don't believe in God - Ed Miliband

#2 Post by Trickle » October 26th, 2011, 7:51 pm

His comments are rather bland and neutral which is what I would expect from a politician who realises that he isn't able to get the easy ride of saying he's a bit religious like David Cameron did but can reduce any reaction to his atheism by being non-confrontational on major issues at the moment, i.e. the lack of respect for religion and opposition to faith schools.

These may be his genuine views concerning religion but he's a politician so it's impossible to know what he really thinks.
I am currently reading...The Hedgehog, The Fox and The Magisters Pox by Stephen Jay Gould

thundril

#3 Post by thundril » October 26th, 2011, 7:59 pm

Two out of three party leaders ain't bad! Unlike the good ol US of A, where an honest atheist wouldn't get picked for a baseball game, but a swivel-eyed End-Days loony might some day be handed the keys to the White House, and the codes for :supershock: the Nukes!

Skyfrog

#4 Post by Skyfrog » October 27th, 2011, 12:32 am

thundril is right, sadly. I can't imagine an American being elected President who said he didn't believe in God.