View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 1st, 2014, 6:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 New Humanist Magazine 

Dear All,

Does anyone on the site subscribe to the New Humanist Magazine? (or get it with the Rationalist Association Membership)

Best
Katie

:)

February 27th, 2012, 10:45 am

Yes, we do. Usually several good and interesting articles.

"We're all in this together, but some are more in it than others."
— Me, with apologies to Napoleon

February 27th, 2012, 12:09 pm
Profile WWW

I subscribed to it until quite recently, but I was then into a bit of belt tightening - and did not read it religiously anyway. It felt like a duty. :smile:

February 27th, 2012, 12:10 pm

Yes, I do -- but haven't opened the latest one yet (I have other things that need to take priority, and once I start...). Been reconsidering whether its worth it, given that many of the articles that interest me most seem to appear on the web anyway.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool. (Richard Feynman)

February 27th, 2012, 4:08 pm
Profile WWW

I've been reading it recently and lots of back issues of the magazine and wanted to write about it as it has changed a great deal and as you suggest now has a dominant web content. Would anyone be interested in talking about their experience of the magazine (including recent past if you just stopped subscribing)? I'm in London but can talk on the phone/skype or chat by email: [email protected]

Katie

February 27th, 2012, 4:26 pm

KatieA wrote:
I've been reading it recently and lots of back issues of the magazine and wanted to write about it as it has changed a great deal and as you suggest now has a dominant web content. Would anyone be interested in talking about their experience of the magazine (including recent past if you just stopped subscribing)? I'm in London but can talk on the phone/skype or chat by email: [email protected]

Katie

Following this - I have made a nice survey, if people are happy to use them, it is only 9 questions but I will stop pestering everyone now :)
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TDRHP9H

Thank you

February 28th, 2012, 5:07 pm

Hmm. Bit of a rushed job, Katie? Amused by the choice of "Male", "Female" and "Other" for Q9.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool. (Richard Feynman)

February 28th, 2012, 7:45 pm
Profile WWW

HI,

The survey can only be 9 questions long maximum, but not rushed just one that is probably for a wider group of people to get more demographic information- it was written a while back in the hope of sending it to a larger group of reader, but it is probably not so great here you are right
(Good to have a brutally honest test audience though!)
The gender question-bit politically correct perhaps......
:)
Katie

February 28th, 2012, 8:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]