INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Big Brother then

Enter here to talk about books, art, literature, film, TV and anything else to do with popular culture.
Chineapple punk

Re: Big Brother then

#21 Post by Chineapple punk » July 12th, 2008, 2:05 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Alan H said:
Hey! I know somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody who's famous!
I know, it's very sad of me!

Bloody hell, if he did say that, he deserves to be removed. Pretty stupid comment to make considering all the previous shenanigans on BB.
Give quiche a chance.

Maria Mac
Site Admin

#22 Post by Maria Mac » July 23rd, 2008, 1:13 am

Question from a bored insomniac:

Is anyone still watching and does anyone care who goes on Friday?

Chineapple punk

#23 Post by Chineapple punk » July 23rd, 2008, 8:58 am

Have been watching it on and off. Not really bothered who goes, but I think it will probably be Rebecca.

Did you see the naked star jump incident? I thought it made for very uncomfortable viewing. I know she is an exhibitionist like all BB contestants, but the way in which some of the guys were cheering and goading her along was a bit seedy. She would obviously do anything for attention and they knew this.

Ok, she is a complete pain in the arse and an habitual attention seeker, but some comments on the BB website have been referring to her as a slapper, whore, slut, etc, and thats just not on, in my opinion.
Give quiche a chance.

jaywhat

#24 Post by jaywhat » July 23rd, 2008, 11:08 am

I do not watch it, but if I keep seeing references to 'naked star jump incident' I may be forced to check what exactly is going on in the outside world.

Chineapple punk

#25 Post by Chineapple punk » July 23rd, 2008, 11:42 am

It was really a topless star jumps incident. She wasn't completely in the buff but some people were trying to persuade her to make it so.
Give quiche a chance.

Maria Mac
Site Admin

#26 Post by Maria Mac » July 23rd, 2008, 2:58 pm

I half saw it. I tend to have BB on in the background while I'm doing other things. Bex (as true aficionados of the programme call her) has frequently stripped down to her knickers and bounced around and this seems to have done her more harm than good with the viewing public though I think it's her moodiness and screaming and membership of 'Team Nasty' that have made her really unpopular. Shame really, because she has her good points and I'd rather see the lager louts be evicted before her.

I'd put money on her going on Friday but as she the odds-on favourite to go anyway, I won't bother.

Maria Mac
Site Admin

#27 Post by Maria Mac » August 11th, 2008, 10:37 pm

Anyone else still watching? I'm loving Mikey as Head of House. He's in my top four to win now.

I'll post seriously about the book I've been reading in a couple of days. :redface:

Chineapple punk

#28 Post by Chineapple punk » August 11th, 2008, 11:36 pm

Yes. I have been watching it on and off. Rex is a complete arse! I think Mikey is very amusing.
Give quiche a chance.

kbell

#29 Post by kbell » August 15th, 2008, 1:03 am

Chineapple punk wrote:Yes. I have been watching it on and off. Rex is a complete arse! I think Mikey is very amusing.
Totally agree. I hope Rachel stays - I think it's outrageous that she's up for eviction instead of Rex or Nicole. I know she's a bit dull but she such a nice person who's done nothing to hurt anyone. :sad:
Kathryn

Chineapple punk

#30 Post by Chineapple punk » August 16th, 2008, 12:49 pm

Totally agree. I hope Rachel stays - I think it's outrageous that she's up for eviction instead of Rex or Nicole. I know she's a bit dull but she such a nice person who's done nothing to hurt anyone.
Yes! The right decision was made last night.

I thought Mikey's rant about "luxury budgets.....chocolate, cookies,........& people moaning about f**king Marmite" was hilarious, when Nicole was asking him what he was doing in the kitchen.
Give quiche a chance.

Alan H

#31 Post by Alan H » August 16th, 2008, 6:32 pm

Chineapple punk wrote:I thought Mikey's rant about "luxury budgets.....chocolate, cookies,........& people moaning about f**king Marmite" was hilarious, when Nicole was asking him what he was doing in the kitchen.
We need a youtube URL...
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

thundril

#32 Post by thundril » August 27th, 2008, 7:33 pm

Is this still going on?
I recall watching a couple of early episodes and finding it compelling in a kind of 'rats in a maze' way.
Didn't think it would last, though. I thought it was too 'scientific'.
How wrong I was, how wrong. :idea:

Chineapple punk

#33 Post by Chineapple punk » August 28th, 2008, 5:14 pm

Thundril wrote:
Is this still going on?
I recall watching a couple of early episodes and finding it compelling in a kind of 'rats in a maze' way.
Didn't think it would last, though. I thought it was too 'scientific'.
How wrong I was, how wrong.
Yeh, it's still going on. It has actually been very interesting over the last few days. Quite a lot of bullying has occurred towards a girl called Sara. In my opinion she is a very uninhibited, normal young girl who speaks candidly about sex when it comes up in discussion. Certain individuals in the house (Rex, Darnell, Mohammad) seem to think they have a right to treat her in a very despicable manner because of this.
They rounded in on her like a pack of dogs, asking how many sexual partners she had had, and saying she would need a "manual" to write down all the names. Darnel, who clearly fancies her, called her an "ugly bitch" and said that "all she does is hang from dicks all day". Finally. Mohammad said "that he would not go out with her BUT he would bang her!". Nice eh?
Give quiche a chance.

Nick

#34 Post by Nick » August 28th, 2008, 5:22 pm

Sounds a lot worse than being called a poppadom...

Chineapple punk

#35 Post by Chineapple punk » August 28th, 2008, 5:30 pm

Nick wrote
Sounds a lot worse than being called a poppadom...
My thoughts exactly. They have been taken in and warned about some of their comments towards Sara, but in my opinion, they should have been shown the door. I know your average BB contestants are about as sharp as a beach ball but this level of ignorance, sexism, hypocrisy, etc, is something else!
Give quiche a chance.

Maria Mac
Site Admin

#36 Post by Maria Mac » August 31st, 2008, 5:40 pm

I agree, CP. I'm quite shocked that Sara isn't liked much by the general public who perceive her as a 'slapper' who keeps leading Darnell on (assuming the BB website forum is representative of the public, it certainly seems to be).

Remind me what century we're living in again? :sad:

kbell

#37 Post by kbell » September 2nd, 2008, 1:11 pm

Sara doesn't do herself any favours. Having been treated so badly by Darnell, I wouldn't expect her to be quite so...um...friendly now they've made up.

Who's going tonight? My guess would be Kat after last night's behaviour as well as Mo.
Kathryn

Alan H

#38 Post by Alan H » September 2nd, 2008, 2:55 pm

I think nasty nick should be the one to go tonight. :)
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Nick

#39 Post by Nick » September 2nd, 2008, 7:29 pm

:retreat:

Chineapple punk

#40 Post by Chineapple punk » September 3rd, 2008, 2:36 am

Autumn said:
Sara doesn't do herself any favours. Having been treated so badly by Darnell, I wouldn't expect her to be quite so...um...friendly now they've made up.
I think she is essentially a very nice person who has decided to forgive Darnell and give him a second chance(not sure if I could after all the nasty things that he said). They are BOTH being affectionate (or flirting) with each other, but lots of people seem to have vilified Sara alone for this. Personally I don't get why people are so bothered about it. They are both adults who know the score and are not hurting anyone. I say let them get on with it if that's what they want to do.

P.S. I don't watch it you know............never! :popcorn: :redface: :redface: :redface:
Give quiche a chance.

Chineapple punk

#41 Post by Chineapple punk » September 5th, 2008, 8:23 pm

Final night. I hope Rex doesn't win. He is a total bell end!
Give quiche a chance.