View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 23rd, 2014, 7:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Conversation with Nancy Malik split from Homeopathy thread 
Banned

Dan wrote:
"Nancy Malik" said:

Quote:
Dan you are simply running out of ideas, so you are trying to shift the focus and trying to nanvigate the discussion to a different direction. But forum members are wise enough.

Well, *that's* an interesting reaction. No attempt even to refute my point about right wing Hindutva agendas behind the promotion of homeopathy in India.

Am I wrong, "Nancy Malik"? I'm sure if I was, you would have said so. So what do you think about the links between "alternative" so-called medicine and religious chauvinism? Are you for it or against it? Why don't you even want to talk about it?

Dan

If you are so keen to link medicine with religion, let me show you how conventional medicine is religion. The similarities between conventional Medicine and dogmatic or fundamentalist religion are obvious.

1. Both are run on hiarchies,the priests were the lackies of the bishops while Doctors are the lackies of the drug companies.

2. priests and Doctors are not allowed to think for themselves or question the higher authority, if they did both were struck of. They all have to sing from the same hymn sheet or else.

March 7th, 2009, 12:05 pm
Banned

Dan wrote:
"Nancy Malik" said:

"Nancy Malik", your preparations are indistinguishable from water (if it's a drinkable medicine). Try giving your victims water for a while, without telling them or changing any of your other practices. It will make absolutely zero difference.

Dan

Let's say you have a homeopathic medicine say arnica 30C (what you call as homeo water), and other solution which is nothing but pure water. Now to distingush them I need only two things.

1. Whatever is the medicine ( here it is arnica), I need to have a mother tincture of it i.e arnica Q.
2. bloating paper

steps to distinguish

1. immerse bloating paper in arnica Q. It will get stained yellow.

2. The same bloating paper when imersed in medicine i.e. arnica 30 will get stain free but when immersed in plain water will not.

This way it has to be done.

March 7th, 2009, 12:09 pm

Dr. Nancy Malik wrote:
If you are so keen to link medicine with religion, let me show you how conventional medicine is religion. The similarities between conventional Medicine and dogmatic or fundamentalist religion are obvious.

1. Both are run on hiarchies,the priests were the lackies of the bishops while Doctors are the lackies of the drug companies.

2. priests and Doctors are not allowed to think for themselves or question the higher authority, if they did both were struck of. They all have to sing from the same hymn sheet or else.
What a load of nonsense, Nancy. Haven't you said all this before? You didn't provide any evidence for your claims then either, did you?

"We're all in this together, but some are more in it than others."
— Me, with apologies to Napoleon

March 7th, 2009, 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
Banned

Dan wrote:
Quote:
you do not read properly. I am saying antibioitics are useless against viruses, still Conventional Medicine doctors prescribe them. Why?

I can offer some reasons why doctors might give antibiotics for what are probably viruses. I've talked to people who have demanded their doctor prescribe them antibiotics, against the advice of their doctor. Because, thanks to over-medicalisers like homeopaths, they think that a tablet of some kind is what they need. So doctors may be bullied into it. Another reason might be that it helps with placebo effect: the patient feels they are taking something that might help, so that can assist with immune response. Like homeopathy, again! Some doctors might just be bad doctors, and will dish out tablets just to get shot of the patients.

But really, if you're objecting to what doctors sometimes do, then you're only saying what I would say. The argument isn't about how bad some doctors are, surely, but whether homeopathy works better than properly prescribed and properly tested medicines used appropriately. Of course, homeopathy loses every time faced with that competition.

Dan

You mean conventional doctors are so incompetent and childish that when a patient asks them for antibiotics for virus issues, they agree. Haaaaa. Nothing could be more funny than this. But the truth is that they conventional doctors are forced to do so by the big pharmaceutical industry, in the process conventional doctors cheat their patients and rob then of their money. See how unethical it is

March 7th, 2009, 12:13 pm
Banned

Dan wrote:
Quote:
Viral infections such as common cold, influenza, measles, Chickenpox, mumps, viral hepatitis (jaundice), viral meningitis etc. are very well treated with homoeopathy

So you keep dogmatically claiming. But your claim is false, because there is no evidence whatsoever that homeopathic remedies have any biochemical effect on viruses whatsoever. In fact, homeopathic remedies cannot have any such effect even in theory, simply because homeopathic remedies are indistinguishable from no remedy at all.

Dan

http://www.hpathy.com/diseases/jaundice ... t-cure.asp
http://www.doc20.com/disease/jaundice/homeopathy.html
http://www.indianetzone.com/24/homeopathy_jaundice.htm

March 7th, 2009, 12:15 pm

Dr. Nancy Malik wrote:
You mean conventional doctors are so incompetent and childish that when a patient asks them for antibiotics for virus issues, they agree. Haaaaa. Nothing could be more funny than this. But the truth is that they conventional doctors are forced to do so by the big pharmaceutical industry, in the process conventional doctors cheat their patients and rob then of their money. See how unethical it is
:hilarity: :hilarity: :hilarity: :hilarity:

You really do have a perverse view of doctors, don't you? You are entitled to that opinion of course, even though it appears to based on absolutely nothing whatsoever and you never provide any kind of evidence: you just seem to be making it up to in an attempt to bolster your feeble position. Of course, even if it was true, it still tells us nothing about homoeopathy.

You really haven't a clue.

March 7th, 2009, 12:23 pm
Profile WWW

Dr. Nancy Malik wrote:
Nancy

Do you really think that these biased stories in non-peer reviewed magazines are going to convince anyone? Haven't you learned anything from the discussion here and elsewhere? What is it that makes you so blind that you just don't see why we cannot and will not accept 'evidence' that is not thorough and unbiased? Yet more anecdotes and stories are completely insufficient when we are talking about people's health. Such flimsy data may be enough for you, but we have far higher standards and have a greater respect for people and their health here.

March 7th, 2009, 12:28 pm
Profile WWW

Dr. Nancy Malik wrote:
Dan wrote:
"Nancy Malik" said:

"Nancy Malik", your preparations are indistinguishable from water (if it's a drinkable medicine). Try giving your victims water for a while, without telling them or changing any of your other practices. It will make absolutely zero difference.

Dan

Let's say you have a homeopathic medicine say arnica 30C (what you call as homeo water), and other solution which is nothing but pure water. Now to distingush them I need only two things.

1. Whatever is the medicine ( here it is arnica), I need to have a mother tincture of it i.e arnica Q.
2. bloating paper

steps to distinguish

1. immerse bloating paper in arnica Q. It will get stained yellow.

2. The same bloating paper when imersed in medicine i.e. arnica 30 will get stain free but when immersed in plain water will not.

This way it has to be done.
Do you mean blotting paper?

At long last, Nancy! This looks a scientific prediction than can be tested! If I understand you correctly, you are claiming that you can distinguish between a homoeopathic preparation and plain water — is that correct? Please give more detail about how I can do this, where I can get the materials and I will do it. Be very precise about what has to be done and exactly what you expect to happen. We need to agree all these details very carefully before any experiment is done.

March 7th, 2009, 12:36 pm
Profile WWW

I have started a new thread on Nancy's proposed test to keep it clear of other discussions.

March 7th, 2009, 2:55 pm
Profile WWW

Dr. Nancy Malik wrote:
Dan wrote:
"Nancy Malik" said:

Quote:
Dan you are simply running out of ideas, so you are trying to shift the focus and trying to nanvigate the discussion to a different direction. But forum members are wise enough.

Well, *that's* an interesting reaction. No attempt even to refute my point about right wing Hindutva agendas behind the promotion of homeopathy in India.

Am I wrong, "Nancy Malik"? I'm sure if I was, you would have said so. So what do you think about the links between "alternative" so-called medicine and religious chauvinism? Are you for it or against it? Why don't you even want to talk about it?

Dan

Your reply is completely irrelevant.

Answer my question! Or be revealed as a right wing fellow-traveller and scumbag, as well as a lying death-dealer.

Dan

March 7th, 2009, 10:23 pm

Why are you posting these completely irrelevant web pages?

I said that there was no evidence whatsoever that homeopathic remedies have any biochemical effect on viruses. Nowhere on the adverts you have posted above are biochemical effects on viruses demonstrated. Or indeed even referred to. At all.

So why are you wasting your time posting it, and my time reading it?

Any why are you avoiding the Hindutva question?

Dan

March 7th, 2009, 10:28 pm

Quote:
Why are you posting these completely irrelevant web pages?

Calm down Dan :wink: This is what Nancy Malik does all over the interweb, I really don't see where she finds the time to practice her quackery, she spends so much time posting spurious links that NO one reads Nancy, savvy?

Nancy, is this the educated India that are buying into homeopathy? (you like posting links so I thought I'd post a couple)
For sale: 13-year-old virgin
From Superstition to Savagery.
I don't expect an answer of course, having followed your rantings on other websites, I am fully aware that you are unable to hold a rational conversation.

March 7th, 2009, 11:21 pm

Barbaric. The end of the second article says it all:
Quote:
However, [legislative assembly] members failed to reach a consensus on whether witchcraft was a science or superstition.

March 7th, 2009, 11:31 pm
Profile WWW

Alan H wrote:
Barbaric. The end of the second article says it all However, [legislative assembly] members failed to reach a consensus on whether witchcraft was a science or superstition.

Exactly Alan.
In India the likes of Nancy Malik have a "captive audience"
Nancy, I hope you believe in hell, because if such a thing existed, you would surely be headed there.

March 7th, 2009, 11:52 pm
Site Admin

This thread is bs. I'm considering sending it downstairs. Any views?

March 8th, 2009, 1:30 am
Profile WWW

This (along with the recent mention of hell) reminds me of a poem.

O Thou, wha in the Heavens dost dwell,
Wha, as it pleases best thysel',
Sends ane to heaven and ten to hell,
A' for thy glory
And no for onie guid or ill
They've done afore thee!

(Holy Willie's Prayer by Robert Burns)

Go for it Maria!

March 8th, 2009, 1:52 pm

Quote:
Go for it Maria!

I second Lewis, Nancy is good for a bit of fun to start with, but after 19 pages of evading questions and posting spurious links, she's getting to be a tad annoying now.
If it was up to me, I'd amphibanize her :twisted:

March 8th, 2009, 4:16 pm
Site Admin

Done. I don't think it reflects well on our forum so better suited to down here, where it doesn't show up to casual browsers. It is also hidden from internet search engines, though it will presumably be in google's cache for a while.

However, out of consideration to those wish to continue posting in it, I'm leaving it stuck to the top of the dump so it's easy to find.

You're welcome. :D

March 8th, 2009, 4:46 pm
Profile WWW

Alan C. wrote:
If it was up to me, I'd amphibanize her :twisted:
No! I want to do the experiment!

March 8th, 2009, 4:56 pm
Profile WWW

Alan H wrote:
Alan C. wrote:
If it was up to me, I'd amphibianize her :twisted:
No! I want to do the experiment!

But you already know what the outcome would be, you also know she won't go through with it, you're just :deadhorse: :smile:

March 8th, 2009, 6:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next