INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Spain spends 11.000.000.000 euro per year in church!

For topics that are more about faith, religion and religious organisations than anything else.
Manel

Spain spends 11.000.000.000 euro per year in church!

#1 Post by Manel » November 6th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Hello!

Just wanted to comment here that Spain, my country, spends 11.000 milion euro per year in Catholic Church. I paste the link to the information:

http://www.publico.es/sociedad/europa-l ... stina.html

Also, it's impossible to get out of church, I tried myself, and I couldn't apostate. I even telephoned the Official Data Protection Agency in Madrid, and they told me that my parish was free for not giving me the document I need to apostate, since spanish government passed a sentence five years ago saying that the Catholic Church can deny me that document, so in fact I am not free to leave Catholic Church. Yes, Spain is sadly different...

Cheers, anyway! :D

Manel

animist

Re: Spain spends 11.000.000.000 euro per year in church!

#2 Post by animist » November 10th, 2017, 2:28 am

so no Spaniard can leave the Church, and no part of Spain can leave Spain itself. Great!

Manel

#3 Post by Manel » November 10th, 2017, 4:27 pm

It's a too complicated matter to write in a few lines, but spanish democracy is not healthy at all, as you can see. In fact, anybody saying that now is immediately suspicious of wanting to "break" Spain.

Cheers

Alan H

#4 Post by Alan H » November 10th, 2017, 6:02 pm

Manel wrote:It's a too complicated matter to write in a few lines, but spanish democracy is not healthy at all, as you can see. In fact, anybody saying that now is immediately suspicious of wanting to "break" Spain.

Cheers
Ah, the 'you don't agree with me so you are a traitor and not a patriot' gambit. We're seeing a lot of that here too because of Brexit.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

animist

#5 Post by animist » November 11th, 2017, 9:09 am

Alan H wrote:
Manel wrote:It's a too complicated matter to write in a few lines, but spanish democracy is not healthy at all, as you can see. In fact, anybody saying that now is immediately suspicious of wanting to "break" Spain.

Cheers
Ah, the 'you don't agree with me so you are a traitor and not a patriot' gambit. We're seeing a lot of that here too because of Brexit.
but what was different in Britain was that we English did not seem to mind the Scots going their own way. Could it be that Catalonia is possibly the richest region of Spain whereas Scotland is poorer than England?

Manel

#6 Post by Manel » November 11th, 2017, 9:12 am

No doubt it affects the whole thing a lot.