INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Satan did it

For topics that are more about faith, religion and religious organisations than anything else.
Zeff

Satan did it

#1 Post by Zeff » May 18th, 2017, 9:15 pm

“I made that decision based on Satan playing games with me, and making me feel like I was prideful and unable to go to family members for help,” Logan August said. From:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... ontent=361

“The beast did not want a material offering, but wanted a soul,” Alvarez-Flores said, according to court documents.
From:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 23826.html

There's no end to some people's superstitions.

animist

Re: Satan did it

#2 Post by animist » May 20th, 2017, 9:25 am

Zeff wrote:“I made that decision based on Satan playing games with me, and making me feel like I was prideful and unable to go to family members for help,” Logan August said. From:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... ontent=361

“The beast did not want a material offering, but wanted a soul,” Alvarez-Flores said, according to court documents.
From:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 23826.html

There's no end to some people's superstitions.
I suppose that bad" people, for want of a better word, find the Satan idea useful as it gives them an extra kick in inverting the morals and myths of traditional religion

VINDICATOR

#3 Post by VINDICATOR » May 25th, 2017, 2:04 pm

When God said that he created man in his own image, he did not mean physiognomy, he meant morality. All those evil traits of his own, as summed up by Thomas Jefferson, he bestowed on us, including jealousy, cruilty, invictivness, greediness, narcissism, etc. etc. God always blamed others for the evil he did. His prime scape-goat was Lucifer. God created man with all these defects but he blames it all on Lucifer. When God murdered the Whole human race in the Great Flood including hundreds of millions of women, children, and babies born and unborn (fetuses) he said it was Lucifer's fault because he made the people evil! It has taken us many Centuries to overcome this stupid superstition but the battle is not over. Look at what Allah (the Muslim nick-name for the same God) is doing in the Middle East! Look at what they just did in Manchester!
Gird up your loins brethren, the battle with God is not over yet! We must also cure ourselves from these God-given defects. The Golden Rule is a very good cure!

animist

#4 Post by animist » May 26th, 2017, 10:30 am

VINDICATOR wrote:When God said that he created man in his own image, he did not mean physiognomy, he meant morality. All those evil traits of his own, as summed up by Thomas Jefferson, he bestowed on us, including jealousy, cruilty, invictivness, greediness, narcissism, etc. etc. God always blamed others for the evil he did. His prime scape-goat was Lucifer. God created man with all these defects but he blames it all on Lucifer. When God murdered the Whole human race in the Great Flood including hundreds of millions of women, children, and babies born and unborn (fetuses) he said it was Lucifer's fault because he made the people evil! It has taken us many Centuries to overcome this stupid superstition but the battle is not over. Look at what Allah (the Muslim nick-name for the same God) is doing in the Middle East! Look at what they just did in Manchester!
Gird up your loins brethren, the battle with God is not over yet! We must also cure ourselves from these God-given defects. The Golden Rule is a very good cure!
mmm, I have a mental fantasy about a sort of scenario or novel in which Satan and Jesus ally together against God. Some Xian traditions (eg the Jehovah's Witnesses) have Jesus as an angel, as Satan was before he rebelled openly and was condemned by God to try turning humans against the big cheese himself (why didn't God just destroy Satan?). In a sense, then, one might imagine that Jesus was persuaded by God to suffer a very human and horrible death in order somehow to save the human race. Jesus would now know that things did not work out that way and might feel betrayed and thus inclined to make common cause with the earlier victim of God, Satan.

Just a thought!

VINDICATOR

#5 Post by VINDICATOR » May 29th, 2017, 1:19 pm

Animist,
Anyone with common sense could seeThe God of Abraham is the root of all evil! Of course, those who have been thoroughly brain-washed and or have a serious case of cerebral palsy worship God. God raped the virgin Mary who had this bastard son Jesus whom God tortured in a very cruel way in order to fool people to think that God is loving! Yes, we should band up with Jesus and Lucifer to overthrow this cosmic despot!