INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Victory Church

For topics that are more about faith, religion and religious organisations than anything else.
Dave B

Victory Church

#1 Post by Dave B » May 22nd, 2016, 8:52 am

Anyone else here had an email from this bunch?

I've had one from some woman in NZ and can only think she got my email via TH or some member. Alann or Athena, any new members yet to post, maybe called Barbara?

Seems VC is considered to have cultish characteristics though finding it hard to find "objective" views. This is about all that is not published by VC or supporters. A NZ paper ran an article.

Later: and this
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Alan H

Re: Victory Church

#2 Post by Alan H » May 22nd, 2016, 10:30 am

Dave B wrote:Anyone else here had an email from this bunch?
No, never heard of them.
I've had one from some woman in NZ and can only think she got my email via TH or some member. Alann or Athena, any new members yet to post, maybe called Barbara?
Email addresses aren't visible to members, so she wouldn't have got it from here.

I'll have a look at your links shortly...
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Dave B

#3 Post by Dave B » May 22nd, 2016, 10:50 am

Alan H wrote:
Dave B wrote:Anyone else here had an email from this bunch?
No, never heard of them.
Email addresses aren't visible to members, so she wouldn't have got it from here.

I'll have a look at your links shortly...
If she emailed via the contact box under my avatar do I get a notice that the email has come via TH? Can't remember.

Forget that, just sent a test email to self via TH, yes, tells me it is via TH.

OK, they got it from elsewhere then. Haven't ckicked on the link in it, it's headed for the bin.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Dave B

#4 Post by Dave B » May 22nd, 2016, 11:27 am

Filter now set to reject both email addresses on that one to me.
Me, 2015

Alan H

#5 Post by Alan H » May 22nd, 2016, 11:41 am

Dave B wrote:Seems VC is considered to have cultish characteristics though finding it hard to find "objective" views. This is about all that is not published by VC or supporters. A NZ paper ran an article.
It looks like those are articles about different churches that happen to share the same name.
Later: and this
Sounds like the usual showmanship and mass hysteria that seems to abound in many of these penetcostal churches.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?