INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Caroline Wyatt

For topics that are more about faith, religion and religious organisations than anything else.
Ninny

Caroline Wyatt

#1 Post by Ninny » February 15th, 2016, 8:24 am

I watch the BBC 1:00 pm news most days, and notice that there is a long item every day with Caroline Wyatt reporting on some sort of religious topic. The pro-Christian bias of the BBC is more than ever evident for all to see. (One report was a recruitment drive for the Archbishop of C's Community of Anselm).

Dave B

Re: Caroline Wyatt

#2 Post by Dave B » February 15th, 2016, 9:40 am

Wasn't that long ago Auntie was accused of being a bunch of left wing secularist/atheists (despite Prayer/ Thought for the Day.

Did you hear the Humphries giving some religionista earache over their prayers for RD, after his stroke, this am? About 2h 53m in.

My comment, in an email to Auntie, was that the churches are against secular TFTD etc because they are afraid. Should the public realise that atheists, of many brands, have thoughts and desires often similar - in terms of wanting world peace, more humanity etc - to those of the registionistas (but without the mandatory added guilt) they might have sense and defect.

They say there have been evil atheists so athrists cannot be trusted. Well, I am sure we have all proved, in discussions over the years, there have been as many evil religionistas! And still are.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015