INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Science Disproves Evolution

Any topic related to science can be discussed here.
Message
Author
User avatar
Pahu
Posts: 387
Joined: April 25th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#881 Postby Pahu » December 20th, 2017, 4:02 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Ape-Men? 4

Unnecessary copy and pasted text deleted by Admin

[From “In the Beginning” by Walt Brown]
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 22947
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#882 Postby Alan H » December 20th, 2017, 4:32 pm

What about your 1.5%, Pahu?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

User avatar
Pahu
Posts: 387
Joined: April 25th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#883 Postby Pahu » December 20th, 2017, 9:35 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:The great humanist Thomas Jefferson saw through God two Centuries ago. He called God: narcissistic, jealous, unscrupulous, vindictive, cruel, untrustworthy, etc. He also revised the Bible. He named it: "The life and morals of Jesus of Nazareth". He took out all the magic, lies, evil etc. You can buy a copy from Amazon.


Jefferson was mistaken. There are no magic, lies, evil etc. in the Bible and God is not narcissistic, jealous, unscrupulous, vindictive, cruel, untrustworthy, etc. Here are some facts:
Thomas Jefferson

Unnecessary copy and pasted text deleted by Admin

https://wallbuilders.com/founding-fathe ... ity-bible/
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

User avatar
Pahu
Posts: 387
Joined: April 25th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#884 Postby Pahu » December 20th, 2017, 9:37 pm

Alan H wrote:What about your 1.5%, Pahu?


Explained and ignored. What about your despicable practice of removing my replies?
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

User avatar
Pahu
Posts: 387
Joined: April 25th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#885 Postby Pahu » December 20th, 2017, 9:46 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:Pahu,
Fine! You say that God never leads us into temptation, hence the Bible is wrong to say to God: "lead us not into temptation"! That proves that the Pope is right and there are errors in the Bible and the Bible needs to be revised! You have now opened the "Pandora's Box" to revise the errors in the Bible!


Question: "Why did Jesus instruct us to pray 'lead us not into temptation' when God states that He does not tempt us?"

Answer: We know from James 1:13 ...

Unnecessary copy and pasted text deleted by Admin

https://www.gotquestions.org/lead-us-no ... ation.html
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 22947
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#886 Postby Alan H » December 20th, 2017, 10:27 pm

Pahu wrote:
Alan H wrote:What about your 1.5%, Pahu?


Explained and ignored.
Maybe that kind of explanation satisfies you but not anyone with an enquiring mind. I await a better explanation from you about this 1.5%, and how that lies with your claim that all bibles are 100% accurate.

What about your despicable practice of removing my replies?
I have not removed any of your replies: it is a despicable lie to accuse me of doing so. What does your bible say about liars?

What I have done - as I have carefully explained every time - is to delete unnecessary copy and pasted text and unnecessary diagrams. In every case, I have left the title and the link to where you copied it all from. I have tried to ensure that if there were any of your own words in your comments that they were left intact. However, you have sometimes mixed in your own words with those pasted from elsewhere, so if I ever delete something you yourself have actually said, please feel free to point it out.

To reiterate: please feel free - as I've requested before - to link to whatever websites you require, pointing to a specific paragraph you feel is relevant or quoting a short extract from it to highlight a specific point and use your own words to explain whatever position it is you're trying to defend. None of that prevents or restricts you from discussing anything here.

I hope that is, finally, clear to you and thank you for your cooperation.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

VINDICATOR
Posts: 423
Joined: December 22nd, 2016, 11:07 am

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#887 Postby VINDICATOR » December 21st, 2017, 1:33 pm

Dear Pahu,
James 1:13 and the Lords Prayer are contradictory. Since there are contradictions in the "Word of God" that means that God contradicts himself! How can you worship anyone that contradicts himself? The Pope is smarter than you are because he wants to revise the Bible to correct the contradiction!

User avatar
Pahu
Posts: 387
Joined: April 25th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#888 Postby Pahu » December 21st, 2017, 2:24 pm

Alan H wrote:
Pahu wrote:
Alan H wrote:What about your 1.5%, Pahu?


Explained and ignored.
Maybe that kind of explanation satisfies you but not anyone with an enquiring mind. I await a better explanation from you about this 1.5%, and how that lies with your claim that all bibles are 100% accurate.

What about your despicable practice of removing my replies?
I have not removed any of your replies: it is a despicable lie to accuse me of doing so. What does your bible say about liars?

What I have done - as I have carefully explained every time - is to delete unnecessary copy and pasted text and unnecessary diagrams. In every case, I have left the title and the link to where you copied it all from. I have tried to ensure that if there were any of your own words in your comments that they were left intact. However, you have sometimes mixed in your own words with those pasted from elsewhere, so if I ever delete something you yourself have actually said, please feel free to point it out.

To reiterate: please feel free - as I've requested before - to link to whatever websites you require, pointing to a specific paragraph you feel is relevant or quoting a short extract from it to highlight a specific point and use your own words to explain whatever position it is you're trying to defend. None of that prevents or restricts you from discussing anything here.

I hope that is, finally, clear to you and thank you for your cooperation.


Unnecessary copy and pasted text deleted by Admin

Then why did you omit my Garden of Eden comments? I wrote that book and what I said are my own words. The link shows the whole book, not the Garden of Eden comments.

[From Reincarnation in the Bible?
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/reinca ... 1491811009]
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 22947
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#889 Postby Alan H » December 21st, 2017, 2:51 pm

Pahu wrote:Then why did you omit my Garden of Eden comments? I wrote that book and what I said are my own words. The link shows the whole book, not the Garden of Eden comments.

[From Reincarnation in the Bible?
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/reinca ... 1491811009]
What Garden of Eden comments? As I said, if you want to refer us to some particular comments elsewhere, all you need to do is to to give a link and say where that text is: copy and pasting it isn't necessary.

And I don't think you have said that book was written by you. Anyone remember him declaring his conflict of interest?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

User avatar
Pahu
Posts: 387
Joined: April 25th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#890 Postby Pahu » December 21st, 2017, 3:08 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:Dear Pahu,
James 1:13 and the Lords Prayer are contradictory. Since there are contradictions in the "Word of God" that means that God contradicts himself! How can you worship anyone that contradicts himself? The Pope is smarter than you are because he wants to revise the Bible to correct the contradiction!


There are no contradictions in the Word of God.
On the question if God has tempted anyone, James does not say here that God does not tempt any man. He says here that God does not tempt any man in order that such a man will sin. God's temptations are not meant to trick us into sinning. God tempts us to teach us to enjoy things hard and disagreeable to our nature.

http://www.berenddeboer.net/sab/jas/1.html

The Bible does not contradict itself on these points. While God cannot be tempted to do evil, we are commanded not to put the Lord to the test. When it comes to the person of Jesus Christ, this issue may be more complex because He also had a fully human nature.

https://answersingenesis.org/who-is-god ... e-tempted/
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

User avatar
Pahu
Posts: 387
Joined: April 25th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#891 Postby Pahu » December 21st, 2017, 3:12 pm

Alan H wrote:
Pahu wrote:Then why did you omit my Garden of Eden comments? I wrote that book and what I said are my own words. The link shows the whole book, not the Garden of Eden comments.

[From Reincarnation in the Bible?
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/reinca ... 1491811009]

What Garden of Eden comments?


These:
I believe the story of the Garden of Eden is a parable or allegory...

You're still doing it, Pahu. Why are you incapable of simply providing the url and saying chapter 4, page 44, paragraph 1 to whatever, rather than copy and pasting a load of text?

[From Reincarnation in the Bible?] http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/reincar ... 1491811009
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

User avatar
animist
Posts: 6352
Joined: July 30th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#892 Postby animist » December 23rd, 2017, 12:41 pm

Alan H wrote:
Pahu wrote:Then why did you omit my Garden of Eden comments? I wrote that book and what I said are my own words. The link shows the whole book, not the Garden of Eden comments.

[From Reincarnation in the Bible?
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/reinca ... 1491811009]
What Garden of Eden comments? As I said, if you want to refer us to some particular comments elsewhere, all you need to do is to to give a link and say where that text is: copy and pasting it isn't necessary.

And I don't think you have said that book was written by you. Anyone remember him declaring his conflict of interest?
no, but it is interesting to me that Pahu is Dan Carlton and has had a book published commercially. Pahu, I know that this sounds sarcastic, but are you a reincarnation of someone called Pahu? I am genuinely interested to know

User avatar
Pahu
Posts: 387
Joined: April 25th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#893 Postby Pahu » December 23rd, 2017, 4:03 pm

animist wrote:
Alan H wrote:
Pahu wrote:Then why did you omit my Garden of Eden comments? I wrote that book and what I said are my own words. The link shows the whole book, not the Garden of Eden comments.

[From Reincarnation in the Bible?
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/reinca ... 1491811009]
What Garden of Eden comments? As I said, if you want to refer us to some particular comments elsewhere, all you need to do is to to give a link and say where that text is: copy and pasting it isn't necessary.

And I don't think you have said that book was written by you. Anyone remember him declaring his conflict of interest?
no, but it is interesting to me that Pahu is Dan Carlton and has had a book published commercially. Pahu, I know that this sounds sarcastic, but are you a reincarnation of someone called Pahu? I am genuinely interested to know


I do believe there is good evidence for reincarnation. Who I was before this life, I do not know. However, the name came to me in the service. We were sitting around on a break, when the name Kalahwahapahu came to me and I announced that was my name. After that the guys started calling me Pahu. Maybe I was a Hawaiian in a past life.
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 22947
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#894 Postby Alan H » December 23rd, 2017, 4:56 pm

Pahu wrote:
animist wrote:
Alan H wrote:What Garden of Eden comments? As I said, if you want to refer us to some particular comments elsewhere, all you need to do is to to give a link and say where that text is: copy and pasting it isn't necessary.

And I don't think you have said that book was written by you. Anyone remember him declaring his conflict of interest?
no, but it is interesting to me that Pahu is Dan Carlton and has had a book published commercially. Pahu, I know that this sounds sarcastic, but are you a reincarnation of someone called Pahu? I am genuinely interested to know


I do believe there is good evidence for reincarnation. Who I was before this life, I do not know. However, the name came to me in the service. We were sitting around on a break, when the name Kalahwahapahu came to me and I announced that was my name. After that the guys started calling me Pahu. Maybe I was a Hawaiian in a past life.
LOL!
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

VINDICATOR
Posts: 423
Joined: December 22nd, 2016, 11:07 am

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#895 Postby VINDICATOR » December 24th, 2017, 6:05 am

Pahu,
Every time I confront you (Or other Fundamentalists) with a passage in the Bible that is obviously wrong or impossible, you pass it off as a "parable" or allegory". Thus at least half the Bible is "parables"! That is why Einstein said: "The Bible is just a book of fairy tales!" There is more wisdom in Aesop's Fables than you can find in the Bible!
:) :) :)

User avatar
Pahu
Posts: 387
Joined: April 25th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#896 Postby Pahu » December 24th, 2017, 2:31 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:Pahu,
Every time I confront you (Or other Fundamentalists) with a passage in the Bible that is obviously wrong or impossible, you pass it off as a "parable" or allegory". Thus at least half the Bible is "parables"! That is why Einstein said: "The Bible is just a book of fairy tales!" There is more wisdom in Aesop's Fables than you can find in the Bible!
:) :) :)


Einstein was wrong and so are you. Here are the facts:

Bible Accuracy


1. Archaeology confirms the historical accuracy of the Bible:

http://www.inplainsite.org/html/the_rocks_cry_out.html
http://christiananswers.net/q-abr/abr-a008.html
http://www.christiananswers.net/archaeology/home.html
http://www.ucg.org/the-good-news/the-bi ... cal-record

2. The Bible is not a science book, yet is scientifically accurate:

http://www.inplainsite.org/html/scienti ... bible.html
http://www.eternal-productions.org/101science.html
http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/science.shtml

3. The Bible is filled with hundreds of accurately fulfilled prophecies:

http://www.100prophecies.com/
http://www.aboutbibleprophecy.com/
http://www.allaboutthejourney.org/bible ... filled.htm
http://www.reasons.org/fulfilled-prophe ... lity-bible
http://www.allabouttruth.org/Bible-Prophecy.htm

No other book, religious or secular, comes close to those requirements.
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 22947
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#897 Postby Alan H » December 24th, 2017, 2:48 pm

Pahu wrote:
VINDICATOR wrote:Pahu,
Every time I confront you (Or other Fundamentalists) with a passage in the Bible that is obviously wrong or impossible, you pass it off as a "parable" or allegory". Thus at least half the Bible is "parables"! That is why Einstein said: "The Bible is just a book of fairy tales!" There is more wisdom in Aesop's Fables than you can find in the Bible!
:) :) :)


Einstein was wrong and so are you. Here are the facts:

Bible Accuracy


1. Archaeology confirms the historical accuracy of the Bible:

http://www.inplainsite.org/html/the_rocks_cry_out.html
http://christiananswers.net/q-abr/abr-a008.html
http://www.christiananswers.net/archaeology/home.html
http://www.ucg.org/the-good-news/the-bi ... cal-record

2. The Bible is not a science book, yet is scientifically accurate:

http://www.inplainsite.org/html/scienti ... bible.html
http://www.eternal-productions.org/101science.html
http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/science.shtml

3. The Bible is filled with hundreds of accurately fulfilled prophecies:

http://www.100prophecies.com/
http://www.aboutbibleprophecy.com/
http://www.allaboutthejourney.org/bible ... filled.htm
http://www.reasons.org/fulfilled-prophe ... lity-bible
http://www.allabouttruth.org/Bible-Prophecy.htm

No other book, religious or secular, comes close to those requirements.
You keep repeating yourself, yet fail to actually address the point. Is that because you do not understand the point or that you can't answer it and therefore have to try to create a diversion? This seems to be a failing of yours, doesn't it?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

User avatar
Pahu
Posts: 387
Joined: April 25th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#898 Postby Pahu » December 24th, 2017, 6:56 pm

Alan H wrote:
Pahu wrote:
VINDICATOR wrote:Pahu,
Every time I confront you (Or other Fundamentalists) with a passage in the Bible that is obviously wrong or impossible, you pass it off as a "parable" or allegory". Thus at least half the Bible is "parables"! That is why Einstein said: "The Bible is just a book of fairy tales!" There is more wisdom in Aesop's Fables than you can find in the Bible!
:) :) :)


Einstein was wrong and so are you. Here are the facts:

Bible Accuracy


1. Archaeology confirms the historical accuracy of the Bible:

http://www.inplainsite.org/html/the_rocks_cry_out.html
http://christiananswers.net/q-abr/abr-a008.html
http://www.christiananswers.net/archaeology/home.html
http://www.ucg.org/the-good-news/the-bi ... cal-record

2. The Bible is not a science book, yet is scientifically accurate:

http://www.inplainsite.org/html/scienti ... bible.html
http://www.eternal-productions.org/101science.html
http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/science.shtml

3. The Bible is filled with hundreds of accurately fulfilled prophecies:

http://www.100prophecies.com/
http://www.aboutbibleprophecy.com/
http://www.allaboutthejourney.org/bible ... filled.htm
http://www.reasons.org/fulfilled-prophe ... lity-bible
http://www.allabouttruth.org/Bible-Prophecy.htm

No other book, religious or secular, comes close to those requirements.
You keep repeating yourself, yet fail to actually address the point. Is that because you do not understand the point or that you can't answer it and therefore have to try to create a diversion? This seems to be a failing of yours, doesn't it?


I addressed the point, which itself was a repetition requiring a repetition on my part. Concerning Einstein, consider this:

Einstein on Jesus

The following comes from "What Life Means to Einstein: An Interview by George Sylvester Viereck,"The Saturday Evening Post, Oct. 26, 1929, p. 17. The questions are posed by Viereck; the reply to each is by Einstein. Since the interview was conducted in Berlin and both Viereck and Einstein had German as their mother tongue, the interview was likely conducted in German and then translated into English by Viereck.

Some portions of this interview might seem questionable, but this portion of the interview was explicitly confirmed by Einstein. When asked about a clipping from a magazine article (likely the Saturday Evening Post) reporting Einstein's comments on Christianity taken down by Viereck, Einstein carefully read the clipping and replied, "That is what I believe." See Brian pp. 277 - 278.

"To what extent are you influenced by Christianity?"

"As a child, I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene."

"Have you read Emil Ludwig's book on Jesus?

"Emil Ludwig's Jesus," replied Einstein, "is shallow. Jesus is too colossal for the pen of phrasemongers, however artful. No man can dispose of Christianity with a bon mot."

"You accept the historical existence of Jesus?"

"Unquestionably. No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life. How different, for instance, is the impression which we receive from an account of legendary heroes of antiquity like Theseus. Theseus and other heroes of his type lack the authentic vitality of Jesus."
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 22947
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#899 Postby Alan H » December 24th, 2017, 7:17 pm

Pahu wrote:
Alan H wrote:
Pahu wrote:
Einstein was wrong and so are you. Here are the facts:

Bible Accuracy


1. Archaeology confirms the historical accuracy of the Bible:

http://www.inplainsite.org/html/the_rocks_cry_out.html
http://christiananswers.net/q-abr/abr-a008.html
http://www.christiananswers.net/archaeology/home.html
http://www.ucg.org/the-good-news/the-bi ... cal-record

2. The Bible is not a science book, yet is scientifically accurate:

http://www.inplainsite.org/html/scienti ... bible.html
http://www.eternal-productions.org/101science.html
http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/science.shtml

3. The Bible is filled with hundreds of accurately fulfilled prophecies:

http://www.100prophecies.com/
http://www.aboutbibleprophecy.com/
http://www.allaboutthejourney.org/bible ... filled.htm
http://www.reasons.org/fulfilled-prophe ... lity-bible
http://www.allabouttruth.org/Bible-Prophecy.htm

No other book, religious or secular, comes close to those requirements.
You keep repeating yourself, yet fail to actually address the point. Is that because you do not understand the point or that you can't answer it and therefore have to try to create a diversion? This seems to be a failing of yours, doesn't it?


I addressed the point, which itself was a repetition requiring a repetition on my part. Concerning Einstein, consider this:

Einstein on Jesus

The following comes from "What Life Means to Einstein: An Interview by George Sylvester Viereck,"The Saturday Evening Post, Oct. 26, 1929, p. 17. The questions are posed by Viereck; the reply to each is by Einstein. Since the interview was conducted in Berlin and both Viereck and Einstein had German as their mother tongue, the interview was likely conducted in German and then translated into English by Viereck.

Some portions of this interview might seem questionable, but this portion of the interview was explicitly confirmed by Einstein. When asked about a clipping from a magazine article (likely the Saturday Evening Post) reporting Einstein's comments on Christianity taken down by Viereck, Einstein carefully read the clipping and replied, "That is what I believe." See Brian pp. 277 - 278.

"To what extent are you influenced by Christianity?"

"As a child, I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene."

"Have you read Emil Ludwig's book on Jesus?

"Emil Ludwig's Jesus," replied Einstein, "is shallow. Jesus is too colossal for the pen of phrasemongers, however artful. No man can dispose of Christianity with a bon mot."

"You accept the historical existence of Jesus?"

"Unquestionably. No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life. How different, for instance, is the impression which we receive from an account of legendary heroes of antiquity like Theseus. Theseus and other heroes of his type lack the authentic vitality of Jesus."
No, no you didn't Pahu! You're doing it again. As a learning exercise, how about listing what specific claims Vindicator made then you tell us what it was you were trying to rebut?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

User avatar
Pahu
Posts: 387
Joined: April 25th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#900 Postby Pahu » December 24th, 2017, 7:42 pm

Alan H wrote:
Pahu wrote:
Alan H wrote:You keep repeating yourself, yet fail to actually address the point. Is that because you do not understand the point or that you can't answer it and therefore have to try to create a diversion? This seems to be a failing of yours, doesn't it?


I addressed the point, which itself was a repetition requiring a repetition on my part. Concerning Einstein, consider this:

Einstein on Jesus

The following comes from "What Life Means to Einstein: An Interview by George Sylvester Viereck,"The Saturday Evening Post, Oct. 26, 1929, p. 17. The questions are posed by Viereck; the reply to each is by Einstein. Since the interview was conducted in Berlin and both Viereck and Einstein had German as their mother tongue, the interview was likely conducted in German and then translated into English by Viereck.

Some portions of this interview might seem questionable, but this portion of the interview was explicitly confirmed by Einstein. When asked about a clipping from a magazine article (likely the Saturday Evening Post) reporting Einstein's comments on Christianity taken down by Viereck, Einstein carefully read the clipping and replied, "That is what I believe." See Brian pp. 277 - 278.

"To what extent are you influenced by Christianity?"

"As a child, I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene."

"Have you read Emil Ludwig's book on Jesus?

"Emil Ludwig's Jesus," replied Einstein, "is shallow. Jesus is too colossal for the pen of phrasemongers, however artful. No man can dispose of Christianity with a bon mot."

"You accept the historical existence of Jesus?"

"Unquestionably. No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life. How different, for instance, is the impression which we receive from an account of legendary heroes of antiquity like Theseus. Theseus and other heroes of his type lack the authentic vitality of Jesus."
No, no you didn't Pahu! You're doing it again. As a learning exercise, how about listing what specific claims Vindicator made then you tell us what it was you were trying to rebut?


What did Vindicator claim that I did not respond to?
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 22947
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#901 Postby Alan H » December 24th, 2017, 8:30 pm

Pahu wrote:What did Vindicator claim that I did not respond to?
<sigh>

Vindicator said:
Every time I confront you (Or other Fundamentalists) with a passage in the Bible that is obviously wrong or impossible, you pass it off as a "parable" or allegory". Thus at least half the Bible is "parables"! That is why Einstein said: "The Bible is just a book of fairy tales!" There is more wisdom in Aesop's Fables than you can find in the Bible!
The bit about Einstein was but an addition to emphasise the point: the substantive point being about you picking and choosing bits of the bible to either represent reality or to be parable or allegory.

Can you now see your way to answering that charge?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?


Return to “Sciences and pseudo-science”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests