INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Homeopathy

Any topic related to science can be discussed here.
Nick

Re: Homeopathy

#1161 Post by Nick » April 26th, 2015, 10:22 am

Latest post of the previous page:

Lunacy is everywhere. Time for reform.

Dave B

#1162 Post by Dave B » April 26th, 2015, 12:05 pm

Hang on, this is the 26th April isn't it? Bit late for this kind of joke?
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Alan H

#1163 Post by Alan H » April 26th, 2015, 6:18 pm

Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Dave B

#1164 Post by Dave B » April 26th, 2015, 6:42 pm

Well, its not the story that is the joke here then - as usual it's the media that is the clown! And those who trust them maybe . . .

Yet another good reason for not buying a "news"paper :D
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Nick

#1165 Post by Nick » April 28th, 2015, 12:25 am

The directive states that: “it is a general requirement…for production of all organic livestock that (herbal) and homeopathic products… shall be used in preference to chemically-synthesised conventional veterinary treatment or antibiotics.”
Yes, it would be nice if the appropriate directive was referenced, but why don't "Fact Check" reference it either? After all, they do say
homeopathic remedies are certainly promoted in EU organic food standards.

Maria Mac
Site Admin

#1166 Post by Maria Mac » May 6th, 2015, 10:40 am

Thought I was unshockable when it comes to the homeopathy nutjobs...
Homosexuality is a sexual perversion caused by the miasms.
http://abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/58698/

Dave B

#1167 Post by Dave B » May 6th, 2015, 4:14 pm

Nasty things them miasms
The word miasm means a cloud or fog in the being. The theory suggests that if 100% of all disease is miasmatic, then 85% is due to the primary and atavistic miasm Hahnemann called Psora. The remaining 15% of all disease he held to be either syphilitic or sycotic, being derived from suppressed Syphilis or suppressed Gonorrhoea. Hahnemann unlike Kent later attached no moral dimension whatsoever to the sexual nature of the two latter miasms. Kent of course, emphasised this a great deal. Which is hardly surprising in the somewhat Puritanical atmosphere of nineteenth century small town America.
Me, 2015

Ninny

#1168 Post by Ninny » May 7th, 2015, 9:35 am

Half listening to a comedy program on Radio 4Extra, someone said do you want a homeopathic cat? What's a homeopathic cat? It's just a glass of water.
Well, it seemed funny in my dozy state!

Nick

#1169 Post by Nick » June 24th, 2015, 5:37 pm

From todays' Times:
Witchtrial

Doctors have long had an uneasy relationship with homeopathy. Mark Porter, the British Medical Association chairman, recalls a debate in 2010 when one speaker irritably compared homeopathy to witchcraft. “We were inundated with complaints,” he said. “From witches.” Now the association, holding its annual conference, is to debate a motion holding that “homeopathic medicine would be more appropriately regulated by the Magic Circle than the General Medical Council”.
Ridicule can be powerful. :thumbsup:

Alan H

#1170 Post by Alan H » June 28th, 2015, 11:53 am

Alan Henness

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Alan H

#1171 Post by Alan H » August 28th, 2015, 7:36 pm

Good news for health in Scotland: Woman loses legal bid to force NHS to provide homeopathic medicine

Read the judgement here.
Alan Henness

Alan H

#1172 Post by Alan H » August 29th, 2015, 11:52 pm

Alan Henness

Alan H

#1173 Post by Alan H » August 30th, 2015, 12:23 am

Alan Henness

Altfish

#1174 Post by Altfish » September 8th, 2015, 2:27 pm

This brought a smile to my face...

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 91114.html

...idiots, taking drugs with active ingredients in them :pointlaugh:

Alan H

#1175 Post by Alan H » September 8th, 2015, 4:48 pm

From the 'You couldn't make it up' pile: Homeopathy conference ends in chaos after delegates take hallucinogenic drug

Of course, instead of taking responsibility for this and investigating, the homeopathy/naturopathy/Heilpraktikers trade bodies seem to distancing themselves from these people.
Alan Henness

Altfish

#1176 Post by Altfish » September 8th, 2015, 5:47 pm

Alan H wrote:From the 'You couldn't make it up' pile: Homeopathy conference ends in chaos after delegates take hallucinogenic drug

Of course, instead of taking responsibility for this and investigating, the homeopathy/naturopathy/Heilpraktikers trade bodies seem to distancing themselves from these people.
Keep up Alan, read my link :wink:

Tetenterre

#1177 Post by Tetenterre » October 9th, 2015, 3:56 pm

Homeopathy is part of Rip-off Britain:
http://t.co/vsaFe8uXN7
(24 - 33mins)
Steve

Quantum Theory: The branch of science with which people who know absolutely sod all about quantum theory can explain anything.

Alan H

#1178 Post by Alan H » October 9th, 2015, 6:47 pm

Ta! Very interesting...
Alan Henness

Dave B

#1179 Post by Dave B » October 9th, 2015, 10:15 pm

I wonder just how much training the average phamacy assistant gets? In my experience not a lot, excepting prescription-only-medicines theycseem more influenced by shat oeople buy (quantity) rather than appopriateness. In this respect I have to give Tesco a thumbs-up, their pharmacy staff (in my local store ar least) are very careful to ask for details and refer to the pharmacist if there is any concern. The pharmacist will refer one to to one's GP for any medical advice.

Bit like the assistant in a hardware shop that was telling a customer that a 13A fuse was OK for an ekectric blanket, a case of poor basic training!
Me, 2015

Alan H

#1180 Post by Alan H » November 30th, 2015, 2:19 pm

You might like to make your views on the blacklisting of homeopathy (which would prevent GPs from prescribing it) known to Liverpool CCG: it's a very simple survey form. Rest assured many homeopathy enthusiasts will have.
Alan Henness

Dave B

#1181 Post by Dave B » November 30th, 2015, 3:44 pm

Alan H wrote:You might like to make your views on the blacklisting of homeopathy (which would prevent GPs from prescribing it) known to Liverpool CCG: it's a very simple survey form. Rest assured many homeopathy enthusiasts will have.
Well,,I suppose they will send me a confirmation link email sometime!

Half an hour later:

But, then again, perhaps not!"
Me, 2015