INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Professor Rozalind Grubben (or Graham--take your pick)

Any topic related to science can be discussed here.
getreal

Professor Rozalind Grubben (or Graham--take your pick)

#1 Post by getreal » June 27th, 2012, 6:50 pm

Does anyone know anything about this whakko? I've tried to search Quackwatch and Ben goldacre's site but drew a blank, as does a geberal google search (there's loads of stuff saying she's the new diet messiah, but suspiciously, no critisism). She's clearly a raving lunatic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NixEQqxu32M

there's tons on youtube stuff.

As usual she appears to have her own company which sells stuff.
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

Fia

Re: Professor Rozalind Grubben (or Graham--take your pick)

#2 Post by Fia » June 27th, 2012, 9:20 pm

Sorry, getreal I don't. But I think some folk here are better at searching than many of us, I know metasearch engines get more results than the ubiquitous google but perhaps there's other ways of getting info bar links on links till you don't know what you're reading anymore...

getreal

#3 Post by getreal » June 27th, 2012, 10:31 pm

A name search on pubmed and medline drew a blank, so she doesn't appear to have published anything except her own book about how cooking food poisons it and rheumatoid arthritis being caused by eating cooked food.

she claims these qualifications

Professorship in Health Science and Nutrition (awarded by the American Health Science Institute)
Exercise to Music Teaching Diploma (awarded by the Royal Society of Arts)
Diploma in the teaching of Exercise to Older Adults (awarded by the Royal Society of Arts)
Ante and Post Natal Exercise Teaching Diploma (awarded by the Royal Society of Arts)
Diploma in the Teaching of Aqua Exercise (awarded by Central YMCA)
Fitness Training (Central YMCA)
Step Reebok Registered Instructor
City and Guilds 730 Teaching Certificate Stages I and II
English Speaking Board Public Speaking Stage 4
Certificate in Counselling Skills (RSA)
and says she is
LECTURER AT MIDDLESEX UNIVERSITY LONDON
In - Nutrition, Health Science, Fitness Concepts (WTF???)
Interestingly, a quick search of the uni webite doesn't bring up nutrition as a course they run. I also cannot find her name in any search of the site (it brings up other lecturers but not her--by either surname name)

I'm sure I've come accross her before. She apparently suffered eating disorders all her life untill she found god discovered that it was because she was eating cooked food. apparently that's what causes rheumatiod disease. I must tell my consultant at the clinic. He's been wasting so much time and resources treating people with drugs!

I'm surprised she has forgotten to list her Brownie badges in that motely collection of qualifications.
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

Dave B

#4 Post by Dave B » June 27th, 2012, 11:18 pm

Well, a search on Middlesex U's staff directory does not find the, er , lady.

Ooops, just noticed that you did the same search, getreal :redface:
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Alan H

#5 Post by Alan H » June 27th, 2012, 11:26 pm

Hmmm...I can't find her in the staff directory or anywhere else on Middlesex University website.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Tetenterre

#6 Post by Tetenterre » June 28th, 2012, 8:44 am

Alan H wrote:Hmmm...I can't find her in the staff directory or anywhere else on Middlesex University website.
There is a possible innocent explanation for that if she is an occasional part-time lecturer. I work as a part-time astronomy lecturer for Brockenhurst College and, in that capacity, I am not listed on their "general" staff directory; in fact, my name is not even listed on the courses that I teach!
Steve

Quantum Theory: The branch of science with which people who know absolutely sod all about quantum theory can explain anything.

jdc

#7 Post by jdc » July 3rd, 2012, 8:39 pm

Rozalind Gruben Graham and Doug Graham appear to be raw foodists. I dunno if they're that well-known though. There don't seem to be as many hits for them on google as your John Briffas or your Patrick Holfords. And I think Gillian McKeith is probably better known than the rest of them put together.

I'd not heard of them before and nothing came up for RGG on a quacksafe (TM) search. Quackfiles seem to have mentioned DG, once: http://www.quackometer.net/quacksearch. ... j634940j15 They say he's a chiropractor but they seem to think his comments on mucoid plaque and cleansing are sensible: http://quackfiles.blogspot.co.uk/2004/1 ... -idea.html

A google search for "Dr Graham" "chiropractor" "raw food" brings up stuff like Natural News (I won't link to them, don't worry...) and there's some stuff about him being a "Doctor of natural hygiene" (someone on JREF was banging on about natural hygiene this week in an irrational anti-medicine kind of way).

It all sounds like a load of kooky nonsense to me but I really don't know much about it so that's a knee-jerk first impression kinda comment. I was going to make a reference to the US biscuit and the kookiness of his ideas by saying "Graham's crackers" but I was worried no-one would get it.
My Blog; Twitter.
Email: 325jdc325 (at) googlemail.com

Alan H

#8 Post by Alan H » July 3rd, 2012, 9:12 pm

Thanks for all that jdc.

BTW, you can create a link to unsavoury websites such as NN that won't increase its Google Juice by using the [urlx] tags - this adds a rel="nofollow" attribute to <a> tag.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Gazinum

#9 Post by Gazinum » December 14th, 2016, 8:50 am

she might be a mess not messiah .