INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

The Nightingale Collaboration

Any topic related to science can be discussed here.
Dave B

Re: The Nightingale Collaboration

#381 Post by Dave B » May 17th, 2015, 4:05 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Yup, good interview there, Alan. :thumbsup: I learned from that.

The one with the Christian protester was well done as well, he will hopefully go away withe the idea that all skeptics are not rabid atheists reinforced. Will listen to rest later.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Alan H

#382 Post by Alan H » May 21st, 2015, 10:20 pm

Lynne McTaggart of What Doctors Don't Tell You fame had one of her websites hacked several days ago: OF CYBER LYNCH MOBS

I'll leave it to you to determine what impression she (and the commenters below the article) gives about who the culprits might have been.

The message left on her website was vile: I said so on Twitter and Maria left a comment under the article:
The act and the misogynistic abuse that accompany it are disgusting and inexcusable. I very much hope the perpetrator is brought to justice.

I'm almost as appalled - though less surprised - at your generalised slur and accusation at 'online skeptics'. Everything unsupportable allegation you make against us - and there are many - can be said directly of you with the evidence to back it up so your sanctimonious outrage is unconvincing.
Today: HOW DO YOU SOLVE A PROBLEM LIKE A CYBER LYNCH MOB?

And a response to that on What WDDTY Don't Tell You: HOW DO YOU SOLVE A PROBLEM LIKE A CYBER LYNNE MOB?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

anarchic-teapot

#383 Post by anarchic-teapot » May 21st, 2015, 11:05 pm

McTaggart's behaviour is inexcusable and probably actionable, given that she very clearly implies Maria has committed a criminal act.

Alan H

#384 Post by Alan H » May 27th, 2015, 12:47 am

The Nightingale Collaboration: Another WDDTY advertiser in hot water
Alan Henness

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Alan H

#385 Post by Alan H » July 12th, 2015, 1:21 pm

A good article on bogus breast screening tests that mentions out ASA adjudication against a WDDTY advertiser:

'Bogus' breast cancer heat scans are putting lives at risk because they claim to be more effective than mammograms, says MP

WDDTY #4 - Feeling the heat?
Alan Henness

Alan H

#386 Post by Alan H » August 12th, 2015, 12:30 am

The Nightingale Collaboration: Stemming the tide
Alan Henness

Alan H

#387 Post by Alan H » August 14th, 2015, 3:59 pm

We spoil you... the second newsletter this week: Nelsons Homeopathic Pharmacy #1
Alan Henness

Dave B

#388 Post by Dave B » August 14th, 2015, 4:11 pm

Well done again!
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Alan H

#389 Post by Alan H » August 27th, 2015, 12:28 pm

According to a letter in the September 2015 issue of What Doctors Don't Tell You, I'm also director of the statutory regulator for pharmacists and pharmacies, the General Pharmaceutical Council:
Screenshot from 2015-08-27.png
Screenshot from 2015-08-27.png (26.1 KiB) Viewed 6857 times
I await my salary cheque with eager anticipation...
Alan Henness

jdc

#390 Post by jdc » October 3rd, 2015, 1:57 am

Alan H wrote:The Nightingale Collaboration: Treating Ebola with 'bioresonance'
I was reading this earlier. The news article, I mean. Not your post. I looked back at this thread just now to see if the article I am talking about was mentioned.

Anyway, to cut a long story short... I'd looked up ASA rulings about lists of conditions a few weeks ago to remind myself if they constituted an implied claim and Bicom came up. Finally got round to doing some background reading on Bicom just out of interest. The company I was complaining about were also making bioresonance / biofeedback claims. I saw another ASA ruling from August this year I think that was similar. Actually, the story wasn't that long. That's pretty much it. Maybe I should have padded it out a bit.

If I ever get round to finishing this blog post, I'll be referencing the Nightingale's complaint.

Was there any update on the results of the complaint? I know the ASA ruling, obv. But Trading Standards & the MHRA? Any news?
My Blog; Twitter.
Email: 325jdc325 (at) googlemail.com

Alan H

#391 Post by Alan H » October 3rd, 2015, 10:33 am

jdc wrote:
Alan H wrote:Was there any update on the results of the complaint? I know the ASA ruling, obv. But Trading Standards & the MHRA? Any news?
I'll need to check my task manager (on my other machine) later, but I don't think there's anything more.
Alan Henness

jdc

#392 Post by jdc » October 4th, 2015, 2:36 am

Alan H wrote:
jdc wrote:
Alan H wrote:Was there any update on the results of the complaint? I know the ASA ruling, obv. But Trading Standards & the MHRA? Any news?
I'll need to check my task manager (on my other machine) later, but I don't think there's anything more.
Cheers Alan.
My Blog; Twitter.
Email: 325jdc325 (at) googlemail.com

Alan H

#393 Post by Alan H » October 22nd, 2015, 10:39 pm

Alan Henness

Alan C.

#394 Post by Alan C. » October 23rd, 2015, 4:33 pm

Excellent news Alan :clap:
Abstinence Makes the Church Grow Fondlers.

getreal

#395 Post by getreal » October 23rd, 2015, 10:53 pm

Well done, Alan! Excellent.

Does this then mean that Glasgow has is the only nhs hospital in the uk which is openly promoting homeopathy?

(Sorry, I'm on my iPad and the text is teeny and I can't read it so well)
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

Alan H

#396 Post by Alan H » October 23rd, 2015, 11:13 pm

The RLHIM still does to some extent. There's more to be said and Good Thinking will be publishing something about this shortly (I've just commented on a draft) - I'll let you know.
Alan Henness

Alan H

#397 Post by Alan H » December 30th, 2015, 11:51 pm

Alan Henness

Dave B

#398 Post by Dave B » December 31st, 2015, 9:18 am

Well done - keep up the good work?
Me, 2015

Alan H

#399 Post by Alan H » April 7th, 2016, 10:27 am

Homeopathy on the NHS: at death's door
The decline of homeopathy in the NHS 2015.png
The decline of homeopathy in the NHS 2015.png (45.37 KiB) Viewed 6464 times
Alan Henness

Dave B

#400 Post by Dave B » April 7th, 2016, 10:52 am

:thumbsup:

Nice, simple, explicit grahics.

Might be interested enough to graph the increasing cost of homeopathetic stuff against inflation. Would that be an indicator of increasing fat cattery I wonder?
Me, 2015

Alan H

#401 Post by Alan H » April 7th, 2016, 11:28 am

Dave B wrote::thumbsup:

Nice, simple, explicit grahics.

Might be interested enough to graph the increasing cost of homeopathetic stuff against inflation. Would that be an indicator of increasing fat cattery I wonder?
I didn't publish this and it's not adjusted for inflation, but it shows the rising costs in recent years - presumably the costs rose to offset the reduced sales volumes, but it's fallen back again a bit last year:
The rising cost of homeopathy in the NHS - 2015.png
The rising cost of homeopathy in the NHS - 2015.png (16.24 KiB) Viewed 13394 times
Alan Henness