INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

The Nightingale Collaboration

Any topic related to science can be discussed here.
Tetenterre

Re: The Nightingale Collaboration

#301 Post by Tetenterre » October 15th, 2013, 12:13 am

Latest post of the previous page:

Alan H wrote:If only I could remember who wrote it... :D
Never mind, old fella; it'll come to you... :D
Dave B wrote:Nice one TT!
Cheers, Dave... :smile:
Steve

Quantum Theory: The branch of science with which people who know absolutely sod all about quantum theory can explain anything.

jdc

#302 Post by jdc » October 15th, 2013, 2:01 am

Alan H wrote:Another excellent contribution to the debate: What 'What Doctors Don't Tell You' really told you

If only I could remember who wrote it... :D
Good stuff, that...
My Blog; Twitter.
Email: 325jdc325 (at) googlemail.com

Tetenterre

#303 Post by Tetenterre » October 15th, 2013, 8:17 am

jdc wrote:
Alan H wrote:Another excellent contribution to the debate: What 'What Doctors Don't Tell You' really told you

If only I could remember who wrote it... :D
Good stuff, that...
Updated this morning... :)

You couldn't make this stuff up!
Steve

Quantum Theory: The branch of science with which people who know absolutely sod all about quantum theory can explain anything.

draykorinee

#304 Post by draykorinee » October 15th, 2013, 8:45 am

+1 would read again!
sanctimonious
ˌsaŋ(k)tɪˈməʊnɪəs/Submit
adjectivederogatory
making a show of being morally superior to other people.

lewist

#305 Post by lewist » October 15th, 2013, 6:52 pm

draykorinee wrote:+1 would read again!
I just did. Good stuff.
Carpe diem. Savour every moment.

jdc

#306 Post by jdc » October 15th, 2013, 10:12 pm

I'd comment, but Blogger won't let me! Here's what I would have posted:
Re the claim that it is a "lie" that they are anti-vaccine: in their 'Vaccination Bible', they say that their writings "make an unabashed case against" vaccination - http://jdc325.wordpress.com/2013/10/05/ ... i-vaccine/

In the articles I've read online and in print, WDDTY have been consistently critical of vaccines and have actually written positively about the serious infectious diseases they prevent, such as measles.

I think it's pretty clear that they are anti-vaccine.
This is why I rarely bother with blogspot blogs. I can never get the buggers to accept my comments.
My Blog; Twitter.

Dave B

#307 Post by Dave B » October 15th, 2013, 10:23 pm

jdc wrote:I'd comment, but Blogger won't let me! [...] This is why I rarely bother with blogspot blogs. I can never get the buggers to accept my comments.
I notice that TT's blog only accepts via some sort of account. I had to use my Google account to get my comment in - not interested in Facebook or Twitter!
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

jdc

#308 Post by jdc » October 15th, 2013, 11:58 pm

Dave B wrote:
jdc wrote:I'd comment, but Blogger won't let me! [...] This is why I rarely bother with blogspot blogs. I can never get the buggers to accept my comments.
I notice that TT's blog only accepts via some sort of account. I had to use my Google account to get my comment in - not interested in Facebook or Twitter!
Blogger usually offers me an option to use Wordpress or OpenID but they never seem to work. Maybe I should try a Google a/c.

I have submitted feedback to Google about the problem. (Which is unusual for me - usually I just whinge about things rather than do owt constructive.)
My Blog; Twitter.

Tetenterre

#309 Post by Tetenterre » October 16th, 2013, 12:41 pm

Sorry, it looks like I have inadvertently picked a flaky blog host. @jdc, would you like me to post, on your behalf and attributed to you, the bit above that you said you would have posted?

(Edit: just recalled why I chose it: I was running an Internet Safety course for a training provider; the learners needed to access and develop blogs, and it was the only blog host that the provider's IT bods would allow their filters to pass)
Steve

jdc

#310 Post by jdc » October 19th, 2013, 4:46 pm

Tetenterre wrote:Sorry, it looks like I have inadvertently picked a flaky blog host. @jdc, would you like me to post, on your behalf and attributed to you, the bit above that you said you would have posted?

(Edit: just recalled why I chose it: I was running an Internet Safety course for a training provider; the learners needed to access and develop blogs, and it was the only blog host that the provider's IT bods would allow their filters to pass)
Yes please. (I just tried again to see if it would let me post using a Google account but no luck.)
My Blog; Twitter.

Tetenterre

#311 Post by Tetenterre » October 19th, 2013, 5:47 pm

jdc wrote:Yes please.
Done. :smile:
Steve

jdc

#312 Post by jdc » October 20th, 2013, 12:52 am

Ta.
My Blog; Twitter.

Alan H

#313 Post by Alan H » October 21st, 2013, 5:48 pm

The MHRA has upheld some complaints of ours against websites selling homeopathy products (or 'medicines' as they like to call them). As usual, the MHRA keep most things secret and, although they had told me this notice was going to be published sometime, I didn't know exactly when, so it took me by surprise a little.
Advertising investigations
21 October 2013
The following companies have amended their advertising following MHRA action on complaints from the Nightingale Collaboration to ensure that homeopathic medicines are promoted within the terms of their authorisation or registration.

Apothecary Shop
Buxton & Grant Pharmacy
Chemist Direct
Crossgates Farm
Dr Reckeweg
Elixir Health
Garden Pharmacy
Healthy Route
Holland & Barrett
Homeopath.it
HSC Online
Jan de Vries Healthcare
Little Birth Kit Company
Natural Practices Clinic
Organic Pharmacy
Pure Health Clinic
Traumeel Remedy
Woodland Herbs

Please note: The listing relates to specific advertising action on homeopathic medicines taken on a particular date and provides no endorsement of the ongoing practices of the website.

Details of MHRA guidance for advertising of homeopathic medicines can at the Blue Guide
However, having been notified of this a few weeks ago, we have pointed out that some of these websites still appear to be in breach of the medicines regs on homeopathic medicines - we will need to wait to see what more they do. Also, this is not the complete list - they are still working on a few others to get them to comply. As soon as we have more details, we'll let you know.

I was going to do a Nightingale newsletter when this came out, but I've already written the one for this Wednesday, covering something completely different... 8)

Note that some of these are very significant wins, particularly the Traumeel website (selling unlicensed Heel GmbH products, some injectable) and Dr Reckeweg, the manufacturer of Schuessler Cell Salts. The latter were touted as being the replacement for the New Era/Seven Seas/Merck products that stopped production earlier this year. The Schuessler products are, of course, unlicensed and unregistered in the UK and therefore illegal to sell. All other websites selling these products should now follow suit.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Alan H

#314 Post by Alan H » October 23rd, 2013, 1:00 am

The Nightingale Collaboration: Herbalism on the NHS: complaint upheld
Alan Henness

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

draykorinee

#315 Post by draykorinee » October 23rd, 2013, 7:28 am

Nice work Alan!
sanctimonious
ˌsaŋ(k)tɪˈməʊnɪəs/Submit
adjectivederogatory
making a show of being morally superior to other people.

Alan H

#316 Post by Alan H » October 23rd, 2013, 9:54 am

draykorinee wrote:Nice work Alan!
...and Athena! :smile:
Alan Henness

Dave B

#317 Post by Dave B » October 23rd, 2013, 10:31 am

I'll second that for the both of you. :clap:
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Nick

#318 Post by Nick » October 23rd, 2013, 1:52 pm

:thumbsup:

Nice work!

Alan H

#319 Post by Alan H » November 1st, 2013, 10:46 pm

The Nightingale Collaboration: Obeying the rules
Alan Henness

Dave B

#320 Post by Dave B » November 2nd, 2013, 9:39 am

:thumbsup:
Me, 2015

Nick

#321 Post by Nick » November 2nd, 2013, 6:07 pm

:clap: