View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 12:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Complementary therapies 
Site Admin

Alan H wrote:

It really gets going at 1 minute in.

No it does not. I lost the will to live at the 3 min mark.

January 15th, 2012, 1:08 am
Profile WWW

It's what the phrase 'bat-shit crazy' was invented for.

"We're all in this together, but some are more in it than others."
— Me, with apologies to Napoleon

January 15th, 2012, 1:59 am
Profile WWW

I think that is an insult to bat shit, Alan, I am sure the average bat turd has more rationality in it than that!

January 15th, 2012, 10:50 am
Profile WWW

I haven't shamelessly promoted my blog for several minutes now, so I'd like to draw your attention to this on media promotion of CAM: http://jdc325.wordpress.com/2012/01/06/ ... the-media/

There are links to a few papers suggesting that (a) media reporting on CAM is poor and (b) it is generally favourable to CAM, particularly in certain countries. The UK doesn't fare well (see this paper from Ernst and Weihmayr: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1118576/).

January 15th, 2012, 4:34 pm
Profile WWW

Dave B wrote:
I think that is an insult to bat shit, Alan, I am sure the average bat turd has more rationality in it than that!
My most humble and sincere apologies to bat shit everywhere. Please forgive me.

January 15th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Profile WWW

jdc wrote:
I haven't shamelessly promoted my blog for several minutes now, so I'd like to draw your attention to this on media promotion of CAM: http://jdc325.wordpress.com/2012/01/06/ ... the-media/

There are links to a few papers suggesting that (a) media reporting on CAM is poor and (b) it is generally favourable to CAM, particularly in certain countries. The UK doesn't fare well (see this paper from Ernst and Weihmayr: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1118576/).
I see the pussycat has put his tuppence-worth in again. As usual, it's not even worth a ha'penny.

January 15th, 2012, 7:09 pm
Profile WWW

Alan H wrote:
jdc wrote:

I see the pussycat has put his tuppence-worth in again. As usual, it's not even worth a ha'penny.

There was a funny exchange on JQH's blog recently: http://jaycueaitch.wordpress.com/2012/0 ... ment-16250

Cybertiger opened with "What about the debatery round here? Cat got your tongue, JHQ?" (and a bit of a swear). The response from JQH was "Try making a coherent point and perhaps there might be some debate." and Cybertiger ended with "Debatery with JQH? Why would I want a bit of that? Nobody else does either, apparently."

Why ask about debate and then tell someone you've no interest in debating? It's like having a conversation with a petulant child.

January 15th, 2012, 7:20 pm
Profile WWW

jdc wrote:
a petulant child.
Concise, yet incredibly accurate.

January 15th, 2012, 7:30 pm
Profile WWW

Aromatherapy – Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils, Industrial Grade Stupidity

Make sure you watch the Armstrong and Miller sketch at the end...

February 13th, 2012, 12:05 am
Profile WWW

:pointlaugh: Thanks Alan, I'm going to bed both smiling and raging that these folk get away with this stuff in 2012.

February 13th, 2012, 12:33 am

Alan C. wrote:
:pointlaugh: Thanks Alan, I'm going to bed both smiling and raging that these folk get away with this stuff in 2012.

That's why I strongly hint that someone in the USA should report them to the FDA. Amazed you guys hadn"t seen that sketch before though.

February 13th, 2012, 4:14 pm
Profile WWW

anarchic-teapot wrote:
...Amazed you guys hadn't seen that sketch before though.
I have seen it; I'm sure it's linked already somewhere on TH.

Four years ago tomorrow my dear wife died of brain cancer. When she was in our little local hospital in those last days, one of the nurses put aromatherapy oils - just perfumes really - on her pillow. It gave that hospital room a nice smell, a sign of the tender care she had there; no one suggested it would cure a glioblastoma, though.

Some clever scientists will come up with a cure some day.

February 13th, 2012, 11:46 pm
Site Admin

If only we'd all had chiropractic "adjustments" when we were babies, we wouldn't all have grown up with flat-sided heads, would we? Somebody should hold this mother upside down and see if she "kind of likes it". The best bit is when the baby farts in her face.

http://www.wannabebalanced.com/life-of- ... abies.html

:headbang:

February 21st, 2012, 4:43 pm
Profile WWW

Probably been posted before, but most definatly worth a second look. I love the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGIbOGu8q0

Athena, I find it almost beyond belief that someone, who clearly loves and cares for her child would trust them to a chiropractor. What she describes is perfectly normal. Babies heads can flatten due to favoring one side to lie on (though, they ought not be placed on their sude at all) and it doesn't develop into a funny shaped head. Otherwise funny shaped heads would be the norm and round ones would be abnormal. This saddens me.

February 21st, 2012, 5:47 pm

anarchic-teapot wrote:
Alan C. wrote:

That's why I strongly hint that someone in the USA should report them to the FDA. Amazed you guys hadn"t seen that sketch before though.

I've reported stuff to the FDA before via a web form (I think). IIRC, the website I'd complained about was shut down (whether they were required to do this by the FDA I don't know). I think the FDA took note of my complaint despite me being outside the USA.

ETA: I found the web form - http://www.fda.gov/Safety/ReportaProblem/ucm059315.htm

Also, I actually contacted both the FDA and, separately, the FTC (Federal Trade Commission). As well as the homepage disappearing, the MySpace page the company were running also got taken down and some pages on another website that was selling their pills went too.

February 21st, 2012, 6:06 pm
Profile WWW

Quote:
. . . I find it almost beyond belief that someone, who clearly loves and cares for her child would trust them to a chiropractor.
All the love a mother can lavish on her child does not stop her being stupid. In her mind she was probably doing it out of love - many parents damage their children through actions intended to practice the love they feel.

February 21st, 2012, 6:31 pm
Profile WWW

Oh dear. I found her wee vid very sad. She clearly had no idea about the way the infant skull is superbly flexible with the fontanelles allowing movement so our species can give birth to very big brained offspring.
Did she get a homoeopath in to give babe no molecules of Kojak to treat its lack of hair too? :)

I was actually even more disturbed at her use of the dummy. The babe starts crying, so a bit of rubber on plastic is persistently shoved into her mouth. Toddlers with dummies drift in and out in the background. Hey Mum! Your baby is communicating. Work out what she's saying, don't shut the current inconvenient noise up by giving her the lesson to shut up. And suck on something that has no nutritional or bonding benefit. All the lessons are wrong :angry:

sorry, that probably should have been in the rant thread

February 21st, 2012, 8:22 pm

Grrrrrrr! Thought I'd just share my most recent Storm-type encounter.

On Sunday I went along to a meeting about the KCAI scheme as I am considering joining.
The woman who was running the day was an extremely nice, and extremely well qualified to do so. The morning session consisted of an overview of the scheme, running through the syllabus and a Q & A session. I was disappointed when she said that the afternoon session was going to be about aromatherapy for dogs. Never mind, could be worse. Luckily, my friend (who travelled there with me) winked at me and said we would have to go after lunch as we had to get back for our dogs.....(which was a lie). It got worse (as these things often do), she said that was a pity as she was going to do some reiki and refexology (with paws!!). I breathed a sigh of relief and we got on with the morning session (which was extremely informative and very well structured). Over lunch she stated said she did voluntary work at the dog home around "communication". My ears pricked up, because I believe that humans are generally pretty igorant about canine communication (if I have to explain one more time to a dog owner, who says they don't understand why their dog attacked another dog "because his tail was wagging", I may not be responsibe for my actions). Spending time with dogs up for rehoming, who ofen have behavioural problems; carefully looking at their body language and how they react to different stimulus, tells you a lot about the dog's temprament. But Oooooohhhhhhhhhhh Nooooooooooooo!!! She mind reads dogs!!! Oh! And did I mention she talks to dead dogs too?

I was very good, though. I didn't say or do anything (except attempt to stifle my giggles).

February 28th, 2012, 1:33 pm

Good grief.

February 28th, 2012, 3:08 pm
Profile WWW

Quote:
getreal
She mind reads dogs!!! Oh! And did I mention she talks to dead dogs too?
She sounds like the woman who was on Steve Wright in the afternoon a couple of months ago, I had to switch it off as I do when he has bloody "astrologers" on.

February 28th, 2012, 3:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next