INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Science Disproves Evolution

Any topic related to science can be discussed here.
Tetenterre

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#541 Postby Tetenterre » June 19th, 2017, 9:44 am

Latest post of the previous page:

And yet again, the paucity of transitional forms in the fossil record is not a problem for evolution; finding something like an i-phone or a skeleton of homo sapiens in the Precambrian strata would constitute a problem.
Steve

I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. (Richard Feynman)

animist

#542 Postby animist » June 19th, 2017, 11:54 am

Tetenterre wrote:And yet again, the paucity of transitional forms in the fossil record is not a problem for evolution; finding something like an i-phone or a skeleton of homo sapiens in the Precambrian strata would constitute a problem.
well, the latter examples would not just be a problem but a killer problem AFAIK (which is not very far). I am embarrassed at my inability to cope with a determined advocate, like Pahu, of the veracity of an ancient text (but not of course ancient texts in general, eg the Hindu creation myth, since these would simply confuse his picture) rather than the long-established acceptance by most religious people of the fact of human evolution. I will for now just "reiterate" (well, maybe, if I've said this before) that, to use the word "transitional" almost prejudges the issue. One only uses the word "transitional" if one is already committed to a concept which involves earlier and later, and thus transition. Pahu has already decided that he is not so committed, so I suppose that he is thus able to reject whatever examples of evolution we might present to him as not "truly" transitional

Pahu

#543 Postby Pahu » June 21st, 2017, 3:16 pm

Fossil Gaps 5

“This regular absence of transitional forms is not confined to mammals, but is an almost universal phenomenon, as has long been noted by paleontologists. It is true of almost all orders of all classes of animals, both vertebrate and invertebrate. A fortiori, it is also true of the classes, themselves, and of the major animal phyla, and it is apparently also true of analogous categories of plants.” George Gaylord Simpson, [i]Tempo and Mode in Evolution (New York: Columbia University Press, 1944), p. 107.

[I] “...the geologic record did not then and still does not yield a finely graduated chain of slow and progressive evolution. In other words, there are not enough intermediates. There are very few cases where one can find a gradual transition from one species to another and very few cases where one can look at a part of the fossil record and actually see that organisms were improving in the sense of becoming better adapted.” Ibid., p. 23.

[From “In the Beginning” by Walt Brown]
Last edited by Alan H on June 21st, 2017, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: <yawn>
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

Pahu

#544 Postby Pahu » Yesterday, 2:40 pm

Fossil Gaps 6

“...there are about 25 major living subdivisions (phyla) of the animal kingdom alone, all with gaps between them that are not bridged by known intermediates.” Francisco J. Ayala and James W. Valentine, [i]Evolving, The Theory and Processes of Organic Evolution (Menlo Park, California: The Benjamin Cummings Publishing Co., 1979), p. 258.

“Most orders, classes, and phyla appear abruptly, and commonly have already acquired all the characters that distinguish them.” Ibid., p. 266.

[i] “All paleontologists know that the fossil record contains precious little in the way of intermediate forms; transitions between major groups are characteristically abrupt.” Gould, “The Return of Hopeful Monsters,” p. 23.

[i] “The extreme rarity of transitional forms in the fossil record persists as the trade secret of paleontology. The evolutionary trees that adorn our textbooks have data only at the tips and nodes of their branches; the rest is inference, however reasonable, not the evidence of fossils....We fancy ourselves as the only true students of life’s history, yet to preserve our favored account of evolution by natural selection we view our data as so bad that we never see the very process we profess to study.” Stephen Jay Gould, “Evolution’s Erratic Pace,” [i]Natural History,
Vol. 86, May 1977, p. 14.

“New species almost always appeared suddenly in the fossil record with no intermediate links to ancestors in older rocks of the same region.” Ibid., p. 12.

[i] “The absence of fossil evidence for intermediary stages between major transitions in organic design, indeed our inability, even in our imagination, to construct functional intermediates in many cases, has been a persistent and nagging problem for gradualistic accounts of evolution.” Stephen Jay Gould, “Is a New and General Theory of Evolution Emerging?” [i] Paleobiology,
Vol. 6, No. 1, 1980, p. 127.

[From “In the Beginning” by Walt Brown]
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

Return to “Sciences and pseudo-science”