INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Are children born with moral? read this

Enter here to explore ethical issues and discuss the meaning and source of morality.
coffee

Are children born with moral? read this

#1 Post by coffee » April 27th, 2016, 9:47 am

What scientists learned when they bribed babies with crackers
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scien ... 01786.html

Smacking children makes them more likely to have mental health problems when they grow up, research finds
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 02086.html

Dave B

Re: Are children born with moral? read this

#2 Post by Dave B » April 27th, 2016, 12:45 pm

Interesting articles, thanks, coffee.

I seem to remembrr that morals are considered to have an evolutionary origin for quite a long time, but nice to see more evidence for this. Not at all surprised that given a big enough incentive, as a "one-off" at least, can suppress the morals. It could be why I hate shopping at bullying supermarkets but can't afford local shop prices on my whole shop!

One hopes that this does not become a life-habit, a sole pattern of life. But, with a world full of fat-cats, taking the profit with no thought of the consequences for other people, it seems to be a forlorn hope.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

coffee

Re: Are children born with moral? read this

#3 Post by coffee » April 27th, 2016, 1:58 pm

I give more respect to babies/children, they are not my things that I own or my property