View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 20th, 2014, 7:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Does it really matter what we believe . . . 

Other people may get hurt when we carry out certain actions. ie. we end a relationship because it's not working for us/hurting us but the other person isn't in agreement. I think what's important is to consider the factors that are involved and the potential consequences. Make what reparation you can but understand that ultimately it would be worse to stay in said situation for both parties in the long run.

In a perfect world, we'd have figured out what we wanted/needed/couldn't tolerate before we made big decisions but life being what it is means that sometimes shitty things happen randomly or even within our control and we don't like that people get hurt but they do.

My issue is the number of people out there who actively couldn't care less who they step on, who they lie to, etc as long as they get what they want NOW. It's all about right now. No concern for tomorrow or other people. They willingly join the group, whichever that might be, so they don't have to deal with their demons or being alone, and seek to drag the target down. It's that kind of behavior that makes me think it does matter what we believe.

In my example above about the target and the group, it's fascinating to me that people who profess to love jesus and are xians would stoop to the lowest of the lows by targeting someone else and without even finding out the whole story. It's as if they just float along saying they believe in this and that when really their behavior shows what they REALLY value.

February 11th, 2011, 5:36 pm

Quote:
My issue is the number of people out there who actively couldn't care less who they step on, who they lie to, etc as long as they get what they want NOW.
Definitely with you there, Marian!

February 11th, 2011, 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4