INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

God Hates the World!

Enter here to explore ethical issues and discuss the meaning and source of morality.
ColinAngusMackay

God Hates the World!

#1 Post by ColinAngusMackay » December 23rd, 2007, 2:11 am

:popcorn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ_yxionctY

:pointlaugh:

I especially love the truck driver's shift change followed by the line "You'll eay your kids you hateful people!" (around the 4 minute mark)

I don't know what serious comments there are to make on this. I think the hateful people are the ones singing the song rather than the rest of the world.

Alan H

Re: God Hates the World!

#2 Post by Alan H » December 23rd, 2007, 9:47 pm

ColinAngusMackay wrote:I think the hateful people are the ones singing the song rather than the rest of the world.
Yes. I just cannot imagine what makes them hate others so much...Oh! Now I remember...god!
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

ColinAngusMackay

#3 Post by ColinAngusMackay » December 23rd, 2007, 11:55 pm

Alan H wrote:Yes. I just cannot imagine what makes them hate others so much...Oh! Now I remember...god!
But the Westboro Babtist Church take it to a whole 'nuther level of exremism. The first time I heard of them I thought they were a parody of the fire and brimstone evangelicals. I didn't realised they were real and actually existed.

Alan H

#4 Post by Alan H » December 24th, 2007, 12:56 am

I'm sure it would make a good sitcom...
Alan Henness

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Chineapple punk

#5 Post by Chineapple punk » December 24th, 2007, 3:24 pm

A potential xmas No. 1? Not bad for psychotic hate-mongerers. They can certainly carry a tune and would give old Sir Cliff a run for his money. :twisted:
Give quiche a chance.

Oxfordrocks

#6 Post by Oxfordrocks » December 24th, 2007, 4:10 pm

:laughter: Classy lot.

To be honest, I would rather go to hell if the alternative was to share heaven we these sacks of s**t.
hello

Alan H

#7 Post by Alan H » December 24th, 2007, 6:53 pm

You have such a way with words, OR!
Alan Henness

ColinAngusMackay

#8 Post by ColinAngusMackay » December 25th, 2007, 2:19 am

Best wishes on this festive day! And remember, it is the turkey you are supposed to eat, not your kids!
:party:

gcb01

#9 Post by gcb01 » December 25th, 2007, 10:00 am

ColinAngusMackay wrote:Best wishes on this festive day! And remember, it is the turkey you are supposed to eat, not your kids!
:party:
I can't imagine what bogie-fed meat tastes like.
Regards

Campbell

Oxfordrocks

#10 Post by Oxfordrocks » December 26th, 2007, 12:45 pm

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: nice.
hello

ComradeDX

#11 Post by ComradeDX » February 9th, 2008, 2:27 pm

Did anyone see Louis Theroux documentary on the Westboro Baptist Church?
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams.

Chineapple punk

#12 Post by Chineapple punk » February 9th, 2008, 3:54 pm

Yes. I saw the Louis Theroux documentary and I also saw the Keith Allan one. What amazed me was how intelligent and articulate some of the young women seemed yet they continued to buy into all that bullshit.
Give quiche a chance.

Lucretius

#13 Post by Lucretius » March 23rd, 2008, 11:01 pm

I did feet schadenfreude when Keith Allen mentioned that that woman had a girl out of wedlock so is she going to hell. I do like it when moral hypocrisy is exposed.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H.L. Mencken

Alan C.

#14 Post by Alan C. » April 6th, 2008, 5:36 pm

Latest on the Westboro Baptists.
Fred Phelps Going Down?
Abstinence Makes the Church Grow Fondlers.

Maria Mac
Site Admin

#15 Post by Maria Mac » April 6th, 2008, 6:24 pm

Sounds like they've got Phelps on very dodgy grounds. "Emotional distress" is against the law? They're "invading privacy" by standing on a public street? invasion of privacy"? WTF?

Thank gog for our sensible 'breach of the peace' legislation that can be used as a catchall for nutters like them and would probably have got him sent down ages ago.

Occam

#16 Post by Occam » April 26th, 2008, 2:34 am

Let's see. As I recall it went something like, "Power corrupts. Ultimate power corrupts ultimately." Now who is it that the theists say has ultimate power? And what can we condlude from these statements? :laughter:

Occam